ESS Centrifugal Mustang Superchargers

HKusp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Hey, what brand of 19" Street Race Compound Summer Only tires hook up and track the best for high HP cars?
Define high HP. Manual or auto car?

LOL WUT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 GT
Hey, what brand of 19" Street Race Compound Summer Only tires hook up and track the best for high HP cars?
Tires are going to be a compromise one way or the other. MT ET Rs or Hoosiers are going to give great straight line performance but be nearly useless in the wet and not give great confidence in corners. MT ET SSs will give up a bit in straight line performance for an increase in wet traction (still not good at all) and a little better corner confidence.

For those not going to the track, I think the Toyo R888R is a great tire that does it all pretty well. However, tire sizes are a bit limited. I am likely going to run the R888R. Even though I love the look of a 305/45/17 out back and the car never sees rain, I don’t want to sacrifice cornering.

Cory S

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Pulled trigger on race star recluse wheels. 18x5 up front. 18x10.5 in rear. Tire suggestions? My shop said these(attachments).

Screenshot_20230816-103335_Messenger.jpg

Screenshot_20230816-103331_Messenger.jpg
Swap that
I run those MT SS in the rear and they work pretty well when aired down correctly. I personally need the R’s for my power but can’t run them in the rain so….
Your not giving up much on asphalt running the SS’s over the R’s anyway. R’s only shine at the starting line at the drag strip.

Sponsored

Proshop

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang GT
Swap that

Your not giving up much on asphalt running the SS’s over the R’s anyway. R’s only shine at the starting line at the drag strip.
Good info to know!! The SS probably just need a little more heat in them before I WOT it to the grocery store for beer and $hit! 😁

Cory S

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Good info to know!! The SS probably just need a little more heat in them before I WOT it to the grocery store for beer and $hit! 😁
Hey. I’m yanking 4.8-5.1’s on 275/40/19 555Rll’s on a 8.5” wheel. It’s all about the pressure and weight transfer on R compound. :)

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium A10 PP1 Whipple Stage 2
Tires are going to be a compromise one way or the other. MT ET Rs or Hoosiers are going to give great straight line performance but be nearly useless in the wet and not give great confidence in corners. MT ET SSs will give up a bit in straight line performance for an increase in wet traction (still not good at all) and a little better corner confidence.

For those not going to the track, I think the Toyo R888R is a great tire that does it all pretty well. However, tire sizes are a bit limited. I am likely going to run the R888R. Even though I love the look of a 305/45/17 out back and the car never sees rain, I don’t want to sacrifice cornering.
They have R888R in 325/30/19. Do you feel these work best for boosted cars? As far as rain, my car has never seen rain or driven past October. Thanks

Last edited:

LOL WUT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 GT
They have th2m in 325/30/19. Do you feel these work best for boosted cars? As far as rain, my car has never seen rain or driven past October. Thanks
Id imagine that tire would do quite well.

Sponsored

WonderDud

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
They have R888R in 325/30/19. Do you feel these work best for boosted cars? As far as rain, my car has never seen rain or driven past October. Thanks
You don't really use the car daily correct? Only take it out on nice days and cruise it around? I think you will get a bit more out of a "drag pack" especially since you are trying to run 800+hp out of an A10 correct? You might get some better drivability out of r888r's but if you want the most straight line grip even on a roll I'd imagine you can get a bit more out of an mt street R/SS or 555RII's.

gameovergt

Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mustang GT California Special (A10)
Vehicle Showcase
AM had charcoal magnetic wheels on sale. Got 20x8.5 for front & 20x10 for rear. Tire suggestions? Is a DD but I work from home. Just went over 3,000 miles on her. Lots of rain here also.

Last edited:

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium A10 PP1 Whipple Stage 2
You don't really use the car daily correct? Only take it out on nice days and cruise it around? I think you will get a bit more out of a "drag pack" especially since you are trying to run 800+hp out of an A10 correct? You might get some better drivability out of r888r's but if you want the most straight line grip even on a roll I'd imagine you can get a bit more out of an mt street R/SS or 555RII's.
Thank you. I will research these tires to make my decision.

WonderDud

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
AM had charcoal magnetic wheels on sale. Got 20x8.5 for front & 20x10 for rear. Tire suggestions? Is a DD but I work from home. Just went over 3,000 miles on her.
I got into some firestone Indy hawk 500's before I went boosted. Held up ok on a first gear roll N/A, I've had them on for a little over 12k miles and they still have some life on them but wont hook unless in 2nd gear and rolling 50-60 or so, Tried 1st, never again almost took me straight off the highway. I'm going to buy a rear wheel setup once ready for a fuel system because the tires barely hold up to the power, but they do decently well in the rain and just cruising. I'm planning on having a dedicated fun set and a "daily"(current rim and tire) set. For that staggered rim setup I went 255 up front and 305 in the rear. I don't recommend them if you plan on using them for rolls or grip on the street or whateva. Maybe go with ET's if you don't drive it as much, but you will need tires every 5-10k miles. Toyo's seem to be a good in-between, but I'm not sure what you will get out of them mileage wise.

gameovergt

Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mustang GT California Special (A10)
Vehicle Showcase
I got into some firestone Indy hawk 500's before I went boosted. Held up ok on a first gear roll N/A, I've had them on for a little over 12k miles and they still have some life on them but wont hook unless in 2nd gear and rolling 50-60 or so, Tried 1st, never again almost took me straight off the highway. I'm going to buy a rear wheel setup once ready for a fuel system because the tires barely hold up to the power, but they do decently well in the rain and just cruising. I'm planning on having a dedicated fun set and a "daily"(current rim and tire) set. For that staggered rim setup I went 255 up front and 305 in the rear. I don't recommend them if you plan on using them for rolls or grip on the street or whateva. Maybe go with ET's if you don't drive it as much, but you will need tires every 5-10k miles. Toyo's seem to be a good in-between, but I'm not sure what you will get out of them mileage wise.
I'm getting a Circle D 4000 stall installed soon(since doing ppe pan & thermal delete). No plans to pulley down. Happy with how she feels. Prob lean towards Toyos.
Sponsored