Sponsored

ESS Centrifugal Mustang Superchargers

TEXAS HEAT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1 A10
Sugar Land area, southwest of Houston
I'm down in Lake Jackson South of Pearland. I would really like to see your set up in person. I'm ready to pull the trigger on this, but would love to see it first hand before I do.
Sponsored

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium A10 PP1 Whipple Stage 2
I'm down in Lake Jackson South of Pearland. I would really like to see your set up in person. I'm ready to pull the trigger on this, but would love to see it first hand before I do.
If you get the ESS kit which one will you get? and definitely post your thoughts both positive and negative and if any modifications had to be made to install. I cannot do it until late winter, early spring. Take Care.

andrewtac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
mark
Vehicle(s)
F250. 2020 GT 400A
If you want to see the Paxton/v3jt I am in friendswood

TEXAS HEAT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1 A10
If you get the ESS kit which one will you get? and definitely post your thoughts both positive and negative and if any modifications had to be made to install. I cannot do it until late winter, early spring. Take Care.
I'm leaning towards the G2 with the upgraded G3 intercooler and 115mm (8.5psi) pulley for pump 93 application. Will also likely get the 105mm pulley to use for a dedicated race gas tune.

TEXAS HEAT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1 A10
If you want to see the Paxton/v3jt I am in friendswood
I was originally after the Vortech but was a little turned off by the complex install and then came across the ESS option which appears to be a much more simple install and more affordable option.

Sponsored

andrewtac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
mark
Vehicle(s)
F250. 2020 GT 400A
I was originally after the Vortech but was a little turned off by the complex install and then came across the ESS option which appears to be a much more simple install and more affordable option.
I'll have to review the thread; but the vortech was pretty straight forward. There was a little trimming of a couple pieces, but not much.

I did a quick review, does seem to be slightly simpler, but still have very similar installs, as would any centri.

Another edit, they are not any cheaper apples to apples. A 2200SL kit with a bap and 1050x injectors is $1000 more (these items cost more than a grand) than a G3 kit. I'd say they are very similar in price (G3 and Paxton). Again not a knock, good to have options and competition. I do like using more of the stock stuff (I don't like the looks of the vortech water tank).

Last edited:

Mustang_Lou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt
Out of curiosity only, does anyone know if ESS has the cold-weather limitation like I believe either Paxton or Vortech (can't recall which) has?

TEXAS HEAT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1 A10
There are other factors that also have me leaning towards ESS, one of which is less metal piping, which can be a source of false knock, I like the idea of silicone hoses, pricing, no need to modify the radiator, fewer additional parts (stock overflow tank). All in all the ESS kit just seems to be a much cleaner kit altogether. Personal opinion of course, but it seems to be getting some favorable reviews thus far.

Torinate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
Out of curiosity only, does anyone know if ESS has the cold-weather limitation like I believe either Paxton or Vortech (can't recall which) has?
Lol. Another Canadian asking the same question. I asked earlier and someone replied no issues. Procharger is also good to go for the cold. Vortech and Paxton are the same blowers and both have the cold weather / temperature warnings.

Off topic... do you go to any of the cruise nights in the area?

Mustang_Lou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt
Lol. Another Canadian asking the same question. I asked earlier and someone replied no issues. Procharger is also good to go for the cold. Vortech and Paxton are the same blowers and both have the cold weather / temperature warnings.

Off topic... do you go to any of the cruise nights in the area?
Haha, yep I hate winter with all it's limitations on having fun.

If I knew of any cruises I would ... also have a couple of motorcycles so I've been going on rides with those instead. More fun to be honest. :sunglasses:

Sponsored

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium A10 PP1 Whipple Stage 2
I'm leaning towards the G2 with the upgraded G3 intercooler and 115mm (8.5psi) pulley for pump 93 application. Will also likely get the 105mm pulley to use for a dedicated race gas tune.
That's what I want is a system to run on 93 and not have problems. I was thinking about the G3 system just so if or when I switch to E85 I will be good. Good luck

TEXAS HEAT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1 A10
That's what I want is a system to run on 93 and not have problems. I was thinking about the G3 system just so if or when I switch to E85 I will be good. Good luck
Thanks. Unless you're chasing 1000whp, I think the G2 will serve most enthusiasts well. If you were to run 12psi on full e85 you would likely make over 800whp depending on exhaust modifications.

TEXAS HEAT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1 A10
Oh and btw, I went ahead and pulled the trigger on the G2 kit with the G3 intercooler. I bought Lu47's and a VMP BAP to go along with it. As soon as it arrives, gets installed and tuned, I'll update here.

pittzy23

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Corey
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
For the people have bought an ESS kit / got it installed, who have you used for tuning (remotely) or any recommendations? My kit should be here Tuesday and I want to research my other tuning options than who I currently use, since this system is still fairly new to the tuning community. I also have use a SCT device, so SCT tuning support would be preferred. Thanks!

TEXAS HEAT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1 A10
For the people have bought an ESS kit / got it installed, who have you used for tuning (remotely) or any recommendations? My kit should be here Tuesday and I want to research my other tuning options than who I currently use, since this system is still fairly new to the tuning community. I also have use a SCT device, so SCT tuning support would be preferred. Thanks!
I will be using Lund to tune mine, because they already tune my car. Realistically all they will need from a tuning perspective will primarily be the MAF transfer data, injector size, and whether you are going to use a BAP or not. Should be fairly straight forward like any other centrifugal set up.
Sponsored