Erratic STFT2

Adamone92

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
hey everyone. Recently installed vmp odin kit. At first it ran ok, ran into some throttle body issues, bank 2 o2 sensor stuck rich, etc.

I am now on my third twinjet 69 throttle body and it seems good so far. However, i have codes p0556 (brake booster) and p050A (cold start idle). My Short term fuel trim bank 1 stays around 1 at idle..bank 2 starts at around 1 then goes down to around .6 (while bank 1 is still 1). My AFR seems fine..both stay around 1..as does my LTFT. My vacuum at idle is right around 18 or 19.

Any thoughts? The car idled fairly rough but didnt stall, i also saw some fluid under the car which could be water..but im fairly certain its fuel. Im about to start taking things apart to check my fuel connections and injectors..any other ideas what to check?

I can try to attach an idle log if helpful
Sponsored

battleship

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150
never seen an AFR of 1. do you mean lambda? first off I wouldn't worry about montioring any PIDS until you address the leaking concern. you have a current mechinical issue that needs to be addressing before trying to diag the vehicle. what are you using to datalog?

Jackson1320

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaxson
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
P0556 is a Circuit code meaning it’s unplugged, bad sensor, damaged harness

Sponsored

khalismatic

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Non-PP, 6-Speed MT-82
Hey, did you make any progress on diagnosing what was wrong with your set up? I had some issues with the supercharger lid gasket. I was wondering if you went down that route yet?

OP
OP
Adamone92

Adamone92

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
i did, one of the bolts from inside the supercharger came out and lodged itself in a valve. Fortunately it doesnt seem to have done any damage, it knocked the rocker arm off and essentially made that valve stop working, which kept it from chewing up that bolt and i was able to remove it.

did a compression and leakdown test, everything seemed fine.
have been driving it for about a month now and all seems well. knock on wood

the p0556 code (brake booster) was due to the bolt being out, it left the hole open. Thus causing a vacuum leak inside of the blower. that, and the valve being stuck slightly open made my fuel trims go crazy as well.

on my third throttle body currently, and all seems good with it as well.

Jackson1320

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaxson
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
i did, one of the bolts from inside the supercharger came out and lodged itself in a valve. Fortunately it doesnt seem to have done any damage, it knocked the rocker arm off and essentially made that valve stop working, which kept it from chewing up that bolt and i was able to remove it.

did a compression and leakdown test, everything seemed fine.
have been driving it for about a month now and all seems well. knock on wood

the p0556 code (brake booster) was due to the bolt being out, it left the hole open. Thus causing a vacuum leak inside of the blower. that, and the valve being stuck slightly open made my fuel trims go crazy as well.

on my third throttle body currently, and all seems good with it as well.
If it did no damage you need to buy a damn lottery ticket. you’re the luckiest man in the world

OP
OP
Adamone92

Adamone92

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
If it did no damage you need to buy a damn lottery ticket. you’re the luckiest man in the world
right? my buddy @sigintel said the same thing.

probably going to make that bolt into a necklace. But yeah, all cylinders showed 240-250 on the compression test, and it has been driving well and Lund said all my Datalogs look great. None of the stems or anything seemed damged, even the rocker arm wasnt really damaged, just knocked off.

sigintel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
right? my buddy @sigintel said the same thing.

probably going to make that bolt into a necklace. But yeah, all cylinders showed 240-250 on the compression test, and it has been driving well and Lund said all my Datalogs look great. None of the stems or anything seemed damged, even the rocker arm wasnt really damaged, just knocked off.
Luck is understatement.
Yall wouldnt believe the stories...
He got some New Orleans pirate voodoo gypsy sam hell tarnation chicken bones shrine shit hidden in his garage. He built that thing w Jesus. Sanctioned by God. Prolly good till 3000hp.
Sponsored