Sponsored

Epic Track Showdown with 8 Ford Performance Models & Ford GT Racing Team Drivers

sldghmr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP (x2), 2016 F-150 XLT
Vehicle Showcase
Rear facing cameras would have been really cool.....
Sponsored

QRK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Premium
Alright, I'll say it.

I adore the Ford GT race car, I loved it from the very start and I get all gitty when I see one in person BUT I personally hate the way it sounds.

It's the worst sounding car in the field.

I think the street car sounds just fine though, actually, I think it sounds pretty damn good. I wish they would have tuned the exhaust on the race car but that would probably rob ponies and the last thing you need to do in a race car is give yourself a disadvantage in the one thing it was designed for.
Haha well I never said I thought it was the best sounding car, but I also don't think it's the worst. I would say the new M8 GTE is the worst sounding but that thing barely makes a peep! I always thought the M6 GTLM was too quiet and was hoping they would fix it with the M8, but boy was I disappointed. We kept joking that it must be a hybrid haha.

For me, the best sounding car is a tie between the 911 RSR and Corvette C7.R. Two totally different engine layouts/approaches, but the noise they both produce makes the hair on my neck stand lap after lap. My buddy that has been to a bunch of NASCAR races but never to Rolex could not get over the sound of the Porsche. He's a huge Chevy fan but even he liked the RSR the best.

I actually like the way the Ford sounds, there's something very mechanical about it despite being a highly boosted V6. To each their own I guess. At the same time, I can't help but still wish they put a V8 in it.

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
I assume this is because Ford didn’t want to risk an embarrassing oil cooler failure and dumping oil over the track if they chose a right hand drive GT.
giphy.gif

QRK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Premium
I think your right, Ford is gonna get >Bop,ed< back to the stone age!!
Rumors were swirling that the Corvette's were noncompetitive because Chevy and P&M have been working on the new mid-engined Vette and didn't do any development on the C7.R over the winter. That would make sense, but doesn't explain why the Porsche's were also so far behind the Fords.

Sponsored

Baron95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT
Geeeeeezusssss - Mustang GT understeered right into the GT350 and almost took it and the RS out.

And this with cars with no roll gages!!! Could have ended very badly.

And the Mustang GT should not even been there. It is not a Ford Performance vehicle.

Other than that, it was fun. :)

bootlegger

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
Ex 2008 Mustang GT Owner
Geeeeeezusssss - Mustang GT understeered right into the GT350 and almost took it and the RS out.

And this with cars with no roll gages!!! Could have ended very badly.

And the Mustang GT should not even been there. It is not a Ford Performance vehicle.

Other than that, it was fun. :)
PP1 is a performance package. You think the marketing guys aren't going to show off the revamped car?

Baron95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT
PP1 is a performance package. You think the marketing guys aren't going to show off the revamped car?
I think Ford did what they needed/should do. It was fun to watch.

And I'm glad it ended well and in fun.

milner_7

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.highdefinitionautodetail.ca
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 Deep Impact Blue
Vehicle Showcase
The Stang GT driver bumped the 350 on that last turn, so the 350 would probably posted a bit better time otherwise

UAmach1

Bullitt Hopefull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford/INFINITI
The Stang GT driver bumped the 350 on that last turn, so the 350 would probably posted a bit better time otherwise
The GT probably would have too if he took the corner better also. Not to mention the extra 30TQ and 10HP if it was an American version.

Sponsored

8WOOD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
That was dumb. Ford performance is starting to market their stuff like GM does. Yuck. "this car drives better than I do" said no professional driver ever.

danpass

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
Focus ST Triple Yellow
2:16 and 2:19 for the two Fiestas while the GT only manages a 2:08?

In addition, that RS at 2:11 .......

I suppose, in the spirit of 'Ford Performance' that the GT should have been a PP2 package with the Ford Engine PP3 package.

Sponsored

Last edited: