Sponsored

Engine noise, like a salsa shaker

djpheer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP
It's normal unless it's really loud. If that PCV is absurdly loud the valve needs to be replaced. I just left mine as is. If you can hear it with the hood closed from your car with the window down I would replace it. I can really only hear mine with the hood up.
Sponsored

Kong76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver GT
Oh yea I can hear it really well. Is that the valve our catch cans are connected to? The one coming off the passenger valve cover connected to my JLT does seem loose.

But it sounds like its the cats.

djpheer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP
Oh yea I can hear it really well. Is that the valve our catch cans are connected to? The one coming off the passenger valve cover connected to my JLT does seem loose.

But it sounds like its the cats.
Yeah that's the valve I am referring to. No idea if its actually the source of the noise being questioned in this thread. Was just my guess. If it sounds like it's in your cats it definitely is a seperate issue.

Silver50Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0 PP Ingot Silver
Sometimes I hear it, I'm positive it has some thing to do with spark, sounds like too much spark , only happens when I shut car off after a long drive then turn it back on not long after until I drive it again

Kong76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver GT
I'll pop the hood tomorrow morning when engine/ oil temps up and it settles down to 600 rpm.

But it's exactly what the op posted. Salsa shaker( maracas)scratching sound.

Sponsored

raulvqz95

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Raul
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT LE
***Question***

Question:
Has anyone experienced this issue, What might it be?

When I start my GT there is an odd noise coming from the engine area more on the driver side from the wheel well liner not sure if this is normal or something I should get checked out?

It's a weird shake "cha cha cha" type noise.
If I give it throttle the noise goes away and comes back at normal idle. It doesn't always make the noise sometimes it does sometimes it doesn't and I am stock.

Any ideas?

Attachments

GTBOB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT, Royal Crimson, 10 speed, Active Exhaust
Vehicle Showcase
^^^^That is definitely driver's side exhaust leak at the midpipe. Under warranty, take 'er in. See post #3 of this thread.

raulvqz95

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Raul
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT LE
Last edited:

GTBOB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT, Royal Crimson, 10 speed, Active Exhaust
Vehicle Showcase

ForYourOwnGood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue 5.0
^^^^That is definitely driver's side exhaust leak at the midpipe. Under warranty, take 'er in. See post #3 of this thread.
Hot damn, this is exactly what mine is doing. But mine is a 17, it says only early 15's have the issue.

Sponsored

NothernVAMustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT white
Hot damn, this is exactly what mine is doing. But mine is a 17, it says only early 15's have the issue.
Mine is a 2017 and it's doing the same thing. It's like something is rattling. Once I gas it, and the rpms are above idle by a few hundreds rpms it goes away

OP
OP
whalesalad

whalesalad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
That noise is just like the noise that mine makes. I guess I just need to pony up and take her into the dealer. Last time they wanted to keep it for 2 days and I couldn't squeeze it at the time.

Also, I have a corsa sport catback on so hopefully they don't tell me it's my fault. This was happening prior to the exhaust installation...

ManBearPig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
I get a very faint scratching noise sometimes. Definitely not an exhaust leak. Mine seems to go away once the car is good and hot. Comes from somewhere on the passenger side....I've always suspected something inside the car converter is loose. I was going to do longtubes so I thought there was a good chance that would get rid of it but I've pretty much decided not to now. I probably won't do anything about it unless it gets s lot worse.

Kong76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver GT
Can this exhaust leak on drivers side cause performance issues? Drop in mpgs... my car feels underpowered.

ManBearPig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
Can this exhaust leak on drivers side cause performance issues? Drop in mpgs... my car feels underpowered.
Not really. You'd have to have an absolutely massive exhaust leak to have any kind of detectable impact on performance.
Sponsored