NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
Not sure what any of this means :shrug:. What exactly are you doubting about the info I posted?

I'm skeptical about the $2000 below offer of course - we'll see how it plays out.
Because the entire idea is silly.

No dealership is going to sell you a 2018 Mustang at $1k, much less $2k, below invoice. No dealership is going to lose money on a high-demand vehicle someone will probably pay over MSRP for.

And I'd like to know how you know what the "invoice" is? Are you going to demand the deal jacket when you show up, demand to be shown the dealer's invoice?
Sponsored

Rash

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Magnetic/Showstopper Red, 401A, Active Exhaust
Actual invoice pricing is only available to the dealer. The "invoice" pricing on the internet and what the dealership so happily show customers now is bullshit. They know how to play the game. Doesn't mean you're not getting a good deal, just don't be fooled into thinking you're paying that much below ACTUAL invoice.
Yea I know all that but we'll never see the real dealer cost so posted invoice is all we have to work with. And holdback of course which is 3% of MSRP. On a 2018 I don't expect much better than invoice so the offers I have are good IMO. I was prepared to pay X-Plan (still am) so anything below that is a bonus.

cgreen5150

cgreen5150
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, Premium, PP, Recaros
Yea I know all that but we'll never see the real dealer cost so posted invoice is all we have to work with. And holdback of course which is 3% of MSRP.
Absolutely correct. Good luck on the purchase and of course enjoy driving the hell out of it!

Rash

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Magnetic/Showstopper Red, 401A, Active Exhaust
Because the entire idea is silly.

No dealership is going to sell you a 2018 Mustang at $1k, much less $2k, below invoice. No dealership is going to lose money on a high-demand vehicle someone will probably pay over MSRP for.

And I'd like to know how you know what the "invoice" is? Are you going to demand the deal jacket when you show up, demand to be shown the dealer's invoice?
What exactly is your beef here? Would it make you feel better if I said I have offers of 1K and 2K below ESTIMATED invoice? What the hell difference does it make? The invoice we have access to is the only one we'll ever see, and it's far better to negotiate from that price than from MSRP. As to whether they honor their offer I guess we'll see. There are dealers who will sell a vehicle with little profit simply to make a sale which may help them meet an end of month/quarter/year sales goal/bonus for the dealership.

Sponsored

JeffreyDJ

Jedi
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT
No one, unless they're brain-dead, is going to pay over MSRP on a 2018 Mustang. It makes absolutely no sense. The first weeks they may be a little hard to come by, especially if you're looking for specific packages or colors. But by the end of December they'll be everywhere without issue. :confused:

Heck, I didn't even pay MSRP on my 2015 in November 2014 and I was one of the first ones off the lot! In fact, I paid around $2500 under MSRP!

These aren't low quantity, speciality vehicles.

buymycar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT base. Roush axleback and frpp xpipe.
Not sure what any of this means :shrug:. What exactly are you doubting about the info I posted?

I'm skeptical about the $2000 below offer of course - we'll see how it plays out.
Hope you get the price they quoted, but my BS detector is going off here. How are the out the door prices? Don't know why a dealer will lose that much money on a new model with high demand, unless they are going to tack on a bunch of dealer fees and addons.

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
Try and buy one on Dec. 31st and you "might" get a discount, but I doubt it since they will keep prices high due to demand. If anything, winter should help with discounts, but its a long shot.

xDUMPWEEDx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP (Base/Oxford White)
There is only one type of person dumber than someone paying over MSRP for a Mustang GT, and that is the morons who paid $60k for a Civic Type R.

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
About the invoice thing, there's pricing sheets out there or will be eventually and then you can say how much under dealer invoice with holdback you REALLY got...

Sponsored

ricardocabesa

STD free
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT w/PP
"Best" price isn't always the best deal. You should also consider how much each dealer will give you for your trade in. How much are any dealer fees? What kind of finance rate/terms does each offer? Pricing for any extras you might want (i.e. prepaid maintenance or extended service plans). Nice dealer vs scumbag dealer?
It's the best starting point. Everything but sales tax is negotiable.

OP
OP
TTA365

TTA365

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2010 Audi S5, 2011 Vert Vette
So, I'm still confused as original poster, end of the day, is in a sheety market like SoCal, should I demand 7% off MSRP and if they won't deal, then go to another dealer to order the car or not? Not niggling for a $1000 this way or another, it's going to be about a 50K hardtop car, I get that, I just don't want the world's worst deal. And end of the day, if I actually like the car, then going to buy it despite the fact other folks get better deals, I just want one, smiles. Going to be faster/quicker than my daily 2010 Audi S5, so looking forward to the extry power, an will miss the 4-wheel drive, with it's quite sick handling.

cgreen5150

cgreen5150
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, Premium, PP, Recaros
So, I'm still confused as original poster, end of the day, is in a sheety market like SoCal, should I demand 7% off MSRP and if they won't deal, then go to another dealer to order the car or not? Not niggling for a $1000 this way or another, it's going to be about a 50K hardtop car, I get that, I just don't want the world's worst deal. And end of the day, if I actually like the car, then going to buy it despite the fact other folks get better deals, I just want one, smiles. Going to be faster/quicker than my daily 2010 Audi S5, so looking forward to the extry power, an will miss the 4-wheel drive, with it's quite sick handling.
Get the "invoice" price, subtract the approximately 3% holdback and then add how much over that you think you should pay. (How much YOU think the dealer should make) Good luck on it!

Timeless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Grand Highlander Hybrid Max Limited
Some dealers out there will go as low as true invoice and split the withholding (somewhere around 3% I believe).

Other than that, I suppose some high volume dealers might even go lower to meet a quota that gives them other bonuses.
Sponsored