Sponsored

End of production of Shelby GT350/R after 2020. Will resale price climb?

16Kobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
Question... are you gonna keep the CF wheels on or invest in another set?
I have an extra set of the stock Non R wheels with Cups on them also. I had purchased the non R wheels when I had my 16 GT350, so I have two sets the R and non R wheels. I use the CF wheels on the high speed tracks and mostly the street.
Sponsored

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
I remember when you got your '16 R on the coat tails of another member here. You sold it and went away for a long time. It was nice. Somehow owning one R for a short time and then buying another (which you have had for a short time) makes you a GT350R expert. I dont agree. Although I don't own a '20, I have more experience in GT350Rs than you do. I also feel that my comparison between the knuckle that you have in your beloved '20 R and my CFTP is valid, because I have the same knuckle and steering as you do, in an S550. Let's face it, its an S550 with the same steering components. I think my input is valid where your impressions are one sided and arrogant.

Now back to the point of this thread. Values. Now that the 350 production is over, where do the values go? You bought into this HEP holy grail thing (or as it was presented to you) and you cant stand the fact that the GT350/R values are not going to increase anytime soon. So much for a special and rare car, lol.

I could keep going on and on, but you are either foolish or misinformed. If you seriously think your '20R is better/faster than either my '17 or '18 Rs, come on down to the daytona speedway in the second week of December. I will leave no uncertainty. It would be my pleasure.
Lol...

As usual, Tom has to resort to small-penis syndrome and launch character assassinations when he “thinks” he outweighs your value.

Tom, you’re a phenom! Actually, you’re omniscient as hell here. Why this is not mustangTOMSTERg.com is absolutely one of life’s mysteries.

Instead of resorting to stupidity, like you, I’ll stick to experience... of which I have a lot with these cars, especially the two in question.

Could I drive a CFTP and get directly informed... yeah, I just choose not to and so I don’t go screwing around on the CFTP threads claiming to know something I don’t.......... which you have done here, and then proceed to pat yourself on the back even though you’re absolutely ignorant to how a 2020R drives.

If we all $hiT money like you and your law-loving wifey did, we may all have had two or three R’s and a CFTP... but some of us have other responsibilities than to just use our currencies to purchase cars. At least driving the 2020R and gaining Intel is and option for you.... being an a$$hat obviously isn’t.

Go drive one back-to-back with your cars and see. Until then you’re just spewing bulllllll$hit

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have an extra set of the stock Non R wheels with Cups on them also. I had purchased the non R wheels when I had my 16 GT350, so I have two sets the R and non R wheels. I use the CF wheels on the high speed tracks and mostly the street.
I see... well, the CF wheels with Cup2’s will definitely lend to the possibility of more tramlining.

Let us know how your experience goes. I’d truly like to know.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Lol...

As usual, Tom has to resort to small-penis syndrome and launch character assassinations when he “thinks” he outweighs your value.

Tom, you’re a phenom! Actually, you’re omniscient as hell here. Why this is not mustangTOMSTERg.com is absolutely one of life’s mysteries.

Instead of resorting to stupidity, like you, I’ll stick to experience... of which I have a lot with these cars, especially the two in question.

Could I drive a CFTP and get directly informed... yeah, I just choose not to and so I don’t go screwing around on the CFTP threads claiming to know something I don’t.......... which you have done here, and then proceed to pat yourself on the back even though you’re absolutely ignorant to how a 2020R drives.

If we all $hiT money like you and your law-loving wifey did, we may all have had two or three R’s and a CFTP... but some of us have other responsibilities than to just use our currencies to purchase cars. At least driving the 2020R and gaining Intel is and option for you.... being an a$$hat obviously isn’t.

Go drive one back-to-back with your cars and see. Until then you’re just spewing bulllllll$hit
And a typical Fred reply.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
I see... well, the CF wheels with Cup2’s will definitely lend to the possibility of more tramlining.

Let us know how your experience goes. I’d truly like to know.
More evidence that you don't know what you are talking about. What do the wheels being made of carbon fiber have to do with anything pertaining to tramlining? None. Its the Cup 2s and the steering interacting with the road. Many people who took their Cup2s off and replaced them with 4S tires have found that eliminated the tramlining.

I find it disturbing to see you talk down to people like you do. Jim has more time in the R and non R than you have all together in your short stint in the 16R that you dumped a long time ago.

I also find it disturbing that a person in the profession you are in carries himself the way you do. Maybe its just a case of internet muscles or whatever, but i see this kind of behavior from you quite a bit. Oh, and by the way, my wife that you speak of so highly is a public servant who keeps the scumbags in jail so that people like you can enjoy the quality of life that you do.

You should be ashamed.

Sponsored

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
More evidence that you don't know what you are talking about. What do the wheels being made of carbon fiber have to do with anything pertaining to tramlining? None. Its the Cup 2s and the steering interacting with the road. Many people who took their Cup2s off and replaced them with 4S tires have found that eliminated the tramlining.

I find it disturbing to see you talk down to people like you do. Jim has more time in the R and non R than you have all together in your short stint in the 16R that you dumped a long time ago.

I also find it disturbing that a person in the profession you are in carries himself the way you do. Maybe its just a case of internet muscles or whatever, but i see this kind of behavior from you quite a bit. Oh, and by the way, my wife that you speak of so highly is a public servant who keeps the scumbags in jail so that people like you can enjoy the quality of life that you do.

You should be ashamed.
Lol. Thanks Tommie. Ok don’t think I asked for any input from you.

looks like you’re trolling to be more of an a$$hat... nothing new right?

At least @16Kobra has the car in question and the wheels/tires to judge for himself... which is what I’m very sure he’ll do.

I sure hope your karmaCFTP pans out for you for your benefit.

For the sake of the forum, grow up and stop trolling for bit€h fights. It’s really beneath you.

Last edited:

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Cmon guys!

Had some more seat time in the 20R. I wouldn't say it's numb at all - I specifically paid attention to very initial turn in and on center feel and I cant really say that there's any difference - just less tramlining with the CUP2s. Some people liked the herky jerky....I kind of appreciated it on the 16 as it made you pay EVEN more attention than usual but on the other hand, I don't miss it now... So basically drive what you have ;)

For values - the takeaway that I have from Toms post (and something I've said, too) is that there are just too many variables to reliably determine anything. Historically, cars don't go up in value in the short number of years the 15-20 350s have existed. As noted, this is a very unique car and the hope...I think, the best hope...is that it staves off the downward depreciation to some degree. Don't forget that everyone, at some point, felt their car model was special when they plopped down the cash to buy it so only time will tell.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Lol. Thanks Tommie. Ok don’t think I asked for any input from you.

looks like you’re trolling to be more of an a$$hat... nothing new right?

At least @16Kobra has the car in question and the wheels/tires to judge for himself... which is what I’m very sure he’ll do.

I sure hope you’re wife gets better... and I hope your karmaCFTP pans out for you for your benefit.

For the sake of the forum, grow up and stop trolling for bit€h fights. It’s really beneath you.
You really ought to go back and read what you wrote. There is something wrong with you.

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Please use the "Ignore" function, or keep it civil. Thank you.
Paul, I realize that your job of being a moderator for our cool forum is not easy at times and don't envy you with respect to dealing with certain members that seem to have all of the answers no matter whether they have driven a particular model or not or want to discuss pretty much any automotive issue.

I can tell you without any hesitation that it is members such as this that continues to keep many other long time fellow members such as myself and others from returning to this cool forum and contributing in some small way.

Just look at the number of long time members who used to contribute to our forum who have not returned and that is not by accident but by design.

I appreciate all that you do for all of us members and must say that it is time for me to take another 3 month leave of absence as it is obvious that based on recent discussions that not much has changed.

:frown:

Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Paul, I realize that your job of being a moderator for our cool forum is not easy at times and don't envy you with respect to dealing with certain members that seem to have all of the answers no matter whether they have driven a particular model or not or want to discuss pretty much any automotive issue.

I can tell you without any hesitation that it is members such as this that continues to keep many other long time fellow members such as myself and others from returning to this cool forum and contributing in some small way.

Just look at the number of long time members who used to contribute to our forum who have not returned and that is not by accident but by design.

I appreciate all that you do for all of us members and must say that it is time for me to take another 3 month leave of absence as it is obvious that based on recent discussions that not much has changed.

:frown:
Hi Harry. Welcome back. Please list the number of long time members who used to contribute and have not returned. I can think of you..... Nobody else comes to mind. We certainly can rehash your departure from the forum, and my recollection is that you incorrectly misinterpreted something I said pertaining to the "third pedal" and not only left abruptly from the forum, but also dissolved a friendship.

This thread fell off the tracks. The thread was supposed to center around the values of the GT350/R moving forward post 2020. I chimed in with my input based upon my experience and ownership. Then came along Fred, just like always with his words of wisdom. Foul words that are insulting, degrading, and inaccurate. For the record, Fred has some kind of problem with me and ever since you left, it seems to have thrown gas on the fire.

So you show up here, after a long hiatus, for the purpose of smearing more misinformation. I get you and Fred are pals, but I seem to recall that you and Fred were not so tight that long ago. This seems to be a personal matter and this has no place on this forum.

People like Fred, who write what they write, and how he treats people should be examined. As I invited Fred, maybe the membership should go back and read some of the things he writes, especially towards me.

I sincerely hope you are doing well.

Take care.

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hi Harry. Welcome back. Please list the number of long time members who used to contribute and have not returned. I can think of you..... Nobody else comes to mind. We certainly can rehash your departure from the forum, and my recollection is that you incorrectly misinterpreted something I said pertaining to the "third pedal" and not only left abruptly from the forum, but also dissolved a friendship.

This thread fell off the tracks. The thread was supposed to center around the values of the GT350/R moving forward post 2020. I chimed in with my input based upon my experience and ownership. Then came along Fred, just like always with his words of wisdom. Foul words that are insulting, degrading, and inaccurate. For the record, Fred has some kind of problem with me and ever since you left, it seems to have thrown gas on the fire.

So you show up here, after a long hiatus, for the purpose of smearing more misinformation. I get you and Fred are pals, but I seem to recall that you and Fred were not so tight that long ago. This seems to be a personal matter and this has no place on this forum.

People like Fred, who write what they write, and how he treats people should be examined. As I invited Fred, maybe the membership should go back and read some of the things he writes, especially towards me.

I sincerely hope you are doing well.

Take care.
right on cue...

Tom, I’m not sure what your peave is... if I’ve offended you in some way, I apologize... I’m still waiting on that Italian sauce you said was so good but I can’t find it here.

Maybe you could send me some of that and I can send you some good Charleston brew, if you like, and we can call it a truce... just trying to offer civility as @Twin Turbo suggested.

Whatcha say?.......:fistbump:

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
right on cue...

Tom, I’m not sure what your peave is... if I’ve offended you in some way, I apologize... I’m still waiting on that Italian sauce you said was so good but I can’t find it here.

Maybe you could send me some of that and I can send you some good Charleston brew, if you like, and we can call it a truce... just trying to offer civility as @Twin Turbo suggested.

Whatcha say?.......:fistbump:
How do I respond to that? Right on cue? My peave?

I have never had a problem with you until some of your responses have come my way. I mean really, some of the thing you have said are inappropriate and so full of hate. This seems to coincide with the time that Harry left. I get it, he is a friend of yours.

So, bottom line, this forum is exactly that. People are supposed to be able to view their ideas and share knowledge. What is not supposed to happen are these petty attacks that are counter productive.

As I have said many times before to you, I would be happy to leave you alone if you do the same with me. Its a shame Harry had to leave the way he did. I get that you are mad over it. But Harry misunderstood something I said and after I tried to remedy it, He left in protest and ever since I have had to endure your aggressive posts towards me.

So feel free to PM me and if we can discuss our differences, Im all for it.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
And Harry, my offer stands with you too. I would have liked to at least discuss your interpretation of my third pedal comment before you had departed and called it quits.