Electrical issues - starting the car

BoostedCanadianPoney

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Antoine
Vehicle(s)
2016 Guard EB PP base
I was unable to start the car after a week of not driving it. I have had the battery plugged with the battery tender for 4 days. Today it finally fully charged and I was able to start the car. I ran the car and drove around for 40 minutes. When I got home I shut it off and it shut off very oddly. The interior lights went down suddenly and it won't start back up I can't even go into idle mode.Its as if the car is dead, only the tail light are on and the dash lights up a little.
I have had several failures to start during the time the battery was being charged. It was doing exactly the same thing, no idle no startup only the dash lights and the rear tail light. The battery is now fully charged and it still wont go into idle or start. The car is 3 years only and never had major electrical issues before. I plugged it again with the tender for now but I know the battery is good because the voltage is above 12v.

Ford says I have to tow it and they will charge for an inspection and if applicable for parts.... any of you had similar issues ? any solutions / troubleshooting I can perform ?

I see others had similar issues (link below #19).
https://www.carcomplaints.com/Ford/Mustang/2015/electrical/electrical_system.shtml

I will post a video of the car's behavior later tonight.
Sponsored

SAL-E

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Ruby Red
Get the battery load tested. It sounds like it may be going bad.

kent0464

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kent
Vehicle(s)
1983 Ford Ranger, 1986 SVO Mustang, 2017 Mustang GT PP, 2017 F150 3.5 Eco
Vehicle Showcase
Get the battery load tested. It sounds like it may be going bad.
Agreed, just because it reads 12 volts does not mean it’s good, have your alternator tested also.
Sponsored