Dannyh1991

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang Ecoboost
Hi,
Just had some Eibach Pro-Kit suspension springs delivered, just wondering if anyone had any experience with these on a 2.3 Mustang. I have heard the Pro Kit still drops the car about an inch and has an overall improvement

Eibach also have the Sport line springs with a more aggressive drop but was worried about the ride quality of these, especially with how poor UK roads can be.

Does anyone have any opinions or photos with the Pro Kit before I actually get these installed in a couple of weeks?

20220315_133016.jpg

20220315_132120.jpg
Sponsored

Velgen

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
As i have been the in the UK myself , the roads aren't that great. I would stick with the pro Kit and it will give you a much better comfort ride. The Sportlines do make the car look nicer with a more aggressive drop, but for sure not the same ride quality.

OP
OP
Dannyh1991

Dannyh1991

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang Ecoboost
Thank you, they sound like a good all rounder so should be worth the upgrade when I get around to installing.

Yeah and even when they resurface the roads they sometimes end up making them worse and they don't care about sunken drain covers lol :cwl:

Järn

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium, Ruby Red, A10, B&O, AE
The Pro-Kit is a dual-rate spring. The minimum rate is 200/800. That spring rate is very close to the PP2. I have this from Steeda Minimum Drop Springs (linear).
The max rate of the Pro-Kit is 314/914. Those are track spring rates, exceeding the GT500 CFTP rates (268/942).
Also, you have to match the damper rates (compression and rebound) to the spring rates. Stock dampers can barely handle the base spring rates (GT non-PP 160/668).

Eibach makes great products, the issue here is what type of a ride do you want.

These are great springs for tracking your Mustang, but you need to understand what they are and if they meet your needs.
Do you want to exceed GT500 Track Pack spring rates? Or maybe something near GT350/PP2 spring rates?
Did you select these springs based upon the drop distance or the spring rate (or both)?

Is there any reason why you did not ask a suspension question in the suspension forum?

Attachments

TrackMustang

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
I am in the process of deciding between pro and sport line myself and have been doing a lot of research. Looks like pro is approx. 1” drop and sport is approx. 1.5”. Sport is more aggressive but both are pretty up there. I’ve heard both make for a bouncy ride with stock dampers as they aren’t built for that aggressive spring rate.

Sponsored

Järn

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium, Ruby Red, A10, B&O, AE
You can buy the Ford Performance Track dampers that are the same rates as what is used on the GT350. Go to the vendor section and make a post in Levittown Ford Forum asking Benny for a discount code for free shipping.
https://www.levittownfordparts.com/sku/m-18000-f.html

I have these dampers on my 200/800 springs and the ride is more comfortable than stock.

OP
OP
Dannyh1991

Dannyh1991

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang Ecoboost
Thanks I'll have a look, feeling positive about it anyway. Seems like the price has gone up almost £80 since I ordered so might have got a bit of a deal too.

I asked in this forum because I was just wondering if anyone had any advice or pics from an Ecoboost point of view since it's lighter than the 5.0 so would look and behave slightly different and more ecoboost drivers would see it here. :like:

MD18EcoStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Ecoboost
EB owner here with Eibach Pro-Kit springs. I absolutely love the ride. Stiff, but not harsh. I have an 18 PP model and ended up with a drop of 1-1/8" up front, and 13/16" in back. Not sure if a non-PP would end up with the same drop.

OP
OP
Dannyh1991

Dannyh1991

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang Ecoboost
EB owner here with Eibach Pro-Kit springs. I absolutely love the ride. Stiff, but not harsh. I have an 18 PP model and ended up with a drop of 1-1/8" up front, and 13/16" in back. Not sure if a non-PP would end up with the same drop.
Thanks for the reply, I imagine it would be roughly the same or close enough.

I have no idea what trim level we get here, i think it seems to just be a mix match of parts, for example black leather seats and sync touch screen are the base standard, but I'm not sure on suspension etc.

Sponsored

MD18EcoStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Ecoboost
What shocks did you pair with these springs?
Still stock. So, it feels great to me, but I haven't pushed it too hard on the street. Eventually I'll get to some autocross and light track use. Got any suggestions?

Last edited:

TrackMustang

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
Thanks I'll have a look, feeling positive about it anyway. Seems like the price has gone up almost £80 since I ordered so might have got a bit of a deal too.

I asked in this forum because I was just wondering if anyone had any advice or pics from an Ecoboost point of view since it's lighter than the 5.0 so would look and behave slightly different and more ecoboost drivers would see it here. :like:
If you’re getting the Eibach springs is there a reason you’re not considering the Eibach dampers?

DUNDEM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Base EB PP
I have them with Koni yellow adjustable compression stiffness. They work great as daily for me for years(since 2015). I recommend pairing springs with new shocks. It tremendously improves the handling and breaking.

OP
OP
Dannyh1991

Dannyh1991

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang Ecoboost
Pro kit springs are now on and its a noticable difference to stock, much less body roll in corners, firmer, sportier ride but not harsh at all. Springs are still settling in pics as it's just after the install, but I'm very pleased with the results. Thanks for the input.

Before:
Screenshot_20220407-221820_Photos.jpg

After:
Screenshot_20220407-222548_Photos.jpg

20220402_154843.jpg
Sponsored