Sponsored

Steeda Progressive Springs for Performance Package Mustang

chadhtx40

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium PP Magnetic Metalli
Last weekend I had installed Steeda Progressive springs on my PP Premium Ecoboost Mustang.

Results:
The ride is about the same as stock with normal driving and cruising. I couldn't tell a difference.

When you get over 70 and around a few corners the body roll is drastically decreased. So much easier to take corners on now.

The stance is perfect for me for daily driving and having some fun in the twisties. I'm glad I made this choice.

It's only a slight drop in ride height, but perfect for DD.
before-chad.jpg
chad.jpg
Sponsored

TheLion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ruby Red 2016 Mustang GT PP 6-MT
Throw in some sway-bars next. I did Ford Racing springs in mine (doubt they are much different that steeda as both the steeda and Ford are progressive) and it was a big improvement, but I had base model springs which were very plush.

BTW i'm so jellous of your trunk lid! Your EB didn't come equipped with that stupid deck lid spoiler (literally a piece of plastic taped on with 4 holes drilled in the trunk to align it)...I like the simplicity and the slight curve of the trunk lid as is.

PRG3k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Turbo
Are you automatic or stick? I'm stick and wondering if/how these improve the 60ft times.

navair133

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black Mustang Eco/PP; 2003 Porsche Boxster
Consider getting the Steeda tower strut bar-really tightens up the front end. The Steeda k bar adds even more and is well worth the money. With those suspension changes and the progressive springs you will feel definite improved response and handling. Gets rid of a lot of sway too.
Steeda suspension rocks!

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
Appreciate the feedback guys/gals ... the car looks great & we are happy they performed as intended!

Happy to help with any future builds.

Best Regards,

TJ

Sponsored

OP
OP

chadhtx40

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Consider getting the Steeda tower strut bar-really tightens up the front end. The Steeda k bar adds even more and is well worth the money. With those suspension changes and the progressive springs you will feel definite improved response and handling. Gets rid of a lot of sway too.
Steeda suspension rocks!
I have the BMR rear adjustable swaybar and it did help, but springs helped the most. I am going to leave my front swaybars for now stock. I don't need a strut tower brace as the Performance package has something similar to that built in. I'm a Manual Transmission.

navair133

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black Mustang Eco/PP; 2003 Porsche Boxster
I have a perf package and the addition of the tower strut brace makes a big difference. It and the k bar add some stiffness and just make the steering feel tighter. I have kept the front anti sway bar also as the perf package one is pretty thick-I have the Steeda rear anti sway bar which is a lot thicker than the stock one.

CommyO

Is it a v8?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 EB Premium PP
Anyone having experience with the EB and v6 mustangs sitting higher in the front than rear? I feel that springs don't go as low as they do with a GT

OZDAZ5.0

GT-Superpower
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Darryn
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Mustang
Looks Perfect, Mine are being installed now for my new car delivery next week. I wanted slightly lower but not a compromise on daily driving so I'm happy your happy.

PRG3k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Turbo
I'm a Manual Transmission.
Do you ever launch the car? Is there less recovery time from the front end bouncing/recovering on the 1/2/3 upshifts? I wonder if the linear spring would help that more than a progressive. Tj@Steeda, any thoughts?

Anyone having experience with the EB and v6 mustangs sitting higher in the front than rear? I feel that springs don't go as low as they do with a GT
Some ppl have had the reverse rake issue. Make sure the front rear springs aren't swapped though.

Sponsored

CommyO

Is it a v8?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 EB Premium PP
Some ppl have had the reverse rake issue. Make sure the front rear springs aren't swapped though.
Swapped? Like what do you mean?

EDIT:
I understand what you mean. It's not really possible to swap the front and back springs unless you're very carless on install. The rear spring design is much different than the fronts for all springs.

Last edited:

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
Do you ever launch the car? Is there less recovery time from the front end bouncing/recovering on the 1/2/3 upshifts? I wonder if the linear spring would help that more than a progressive. Tj@Steeda, any thoughts?

For Drag racing, you want the softest possible spring that will still offer stability at high speeds. To accomplish this while still lowering the car ... our Progressive springs & their lighter initial rate would be preferred.

Any bounce would be shock related, not spring related.

Best Regards,

TJ

PRG3k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Turbo
For Drag racing, you want the softest possible spring that will still offer stability at high speeds. To accomplish this while still lowering the car ... our Progressive springs & their lighter initial rate would be preferred.

Any bounce would be shock related, not spring related.

Best Regards,

TJ
Thanks.

OP
OP

chadhtx40

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Yeah I launch the car, it does great. I haven't taken it to a track as I'll need track tires for that. For street It launches pretty hard and connects in the 1-2 shift pretty well. I have no wheel hop or bouncing. I hear a lot of the track guys just put in Viking shocks, I have no idea if they are still using steeda springs though. I've heard Linear springs can ride rough in comparison to Progressive. Progressive is a very stock feeling and once you hit the corners at a higher rate of speed you see a huge difference.
Sponsored