Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT, 1994 GT
Vehicle Showcase
I'm not insulting anyone. Also not looking to do so. People always bash "canned" tunes without real world data. Its been proven 100s of times that an aftermarket calibration makes more horsepower and has much more attention paid to the transmission. Customers that I deal with that are looking to get into their first supercharged application, I like to express the positives of "canned" tuning and how it is a great learning curve for people looking to take a step into the performance world without having an aggressive cal. in the car also having less potential to damage their investment.

I haven't bashed anything. I'm giving real world data. Documenting it all along the way. But I'm willing to try it. Send whoever you want my way. I'll let them make a pass as long as Edelbrock is cool with covering whatever magical ability they are using and I can document the whole thing with video. I'm super curious to see a driver fix an engine shut down in 6th gear. Right now your driver needs to run a 10 in less than 120mph. lol

Last edited:

Dalton@Evolution

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dalton
Vehicle(s)
First 2020 GT500 In Da 9z
I haven't bashed anything. I'm giving real world data. Documenting it all along the way. But I'm willing to try it. Send whoever you want my way. I'll let them make a pass as long as Edelbrock is cool with covering whatever magical ability they are using and I can document the whole thing with video. I'm super curious to see a driver fix an engine shut down in 6th gear. Right now your driver needs to run a 10 in less than 120mph. lol
I'm not looking to start an argument here but where did I say you are bashing anything sir? Again I'm willing to bet unplugging the deadhead will help you.

100mphclub

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT, 1994 GT
Vehicle Showcase
do you already have the deadhead unplugged?
I do not. The reason is, when I mention it... it's either ignored, or I'm told to just turn off advance track. I will ask (in writing) like I do with every mod I've done so far. Honestly, if that would fix the 6th gear limiter thing... it would be a great work around for me. Or if it would help my 60ft. Again.... I'm not out to show what the fastest an Edelbrock tuned car can run. I'm showing what a "warranty" car will run. There is a HUGE difference. Just like the tire limitations, no suspension mods, only cat-back exhaust, etc.

Let's turn this into a positive thing for everyone. I have 2.5 years to go before I plan to turn things up. lol I'd love to show a final list of all the "approved" mods to do to get the maximum 1/4 mile times out of these cars. Help me?

100mphclub

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT, 1994 GT
Vehicle Showcase
I'm not looking to start an argument here but where did I say you are bashing anything sir? Again I'm willing to bet unplugging the deadhead will help you.
Last time I checked I'm a "people". lol But let's move on and make some positives out of all of this. Shall we?

Sponsored

Dalton@Evolution

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dalton
Vehicle(s)
I do not. The reason is, when I mention it... it's either ignored, or I'm told to just turn off advance track. I will ask (in writing) like I do with every mod I've done so far. Honestly, if that would fix the 6th gear limiter thing... it would be a great work around for me. Or if it would help my 60ft. Again.... I'm not out to show what the fastest an Edelbrock tuned car can run. I'm showing what a "warranty" car will run. There is a HUGE difference. Just like the tire limitations, no suspension mods, only cat-back exhaust, etc.

Let's turn this into a positive thing for everyone. I have 2.5 years to go before I plan to turn things up. lol I'd love to show a final list of all the "approved" mods to do to get the maximum 1/4 mile times out of these cars. Help me?
I would like to see you running deadhead unplugged, and those NT05s at around 18psi. its very possible advance trac is seeing something it doesn't like and is kicking in around 120mph.

biscuit60177

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
I hate to ask such a dumb question but what is a "deadhead"?

100mphclub

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT, 1994 GT
Vehicle Showcase
I would like to see you running deadhead unplugged, and those NT05s at around 18psi. its very possible advance trac is seeing something it doesn't like and is kicking in around 120mph.
Would that show up in a data log? I'd be more than happy to send them to you. My NT05R were at 20psi. If it had spun I would have lowered them. I didn't upload all my runs. I can confirm when I get home and count my time slips, but I think I made 10 passes? The reason the car spun at the end of the video is it was almost closing time and the big tire cars had packed up. I may look like an idiot in the videos at the track. But I do alright. lol I ran every other weekend for years. ;) I didn't line up with the big tire cars by accident. I wanted the best traction available... no excuses. There are some veteran racers I talk to at the track plus I'm good friends with the track owners. (You see the O'Reilly banners at the track? Yeah, it's no coincidence I happen to work there. Those use to have a competitor on them.) There are a lot of experienced people behind the scenes helping me get the most out of the car that people don't see.

Sponsored

Dalton@Evolution

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dalton
Vehicle(s)
Would that show up in a data log? I'd be more than happy to send them to you. My NT05R were at 20psi. If it had spun I would have lowered them. I didn't upload all my runs. I can confirm when I get home and count my time slips, but I think I made 10 passes? The reason the car spun at the end of the video is it was almost closing time and the big tire cars had packed up. I may look like an idiot in the videos at the track. But I do alright. lol I ran every other weekend for years. ;) I didn't line up with the big tire cars by accident. I wanted the best traction available... no excuses. There are some veteran racers I talk to at the track plus I'm good friends with the track owners. (You see the O'Reilly banners at the track? Yeah, it's no coincidence I happen to work there. Those use to have a competitor on them.) There are a lot of experienced people behind the scenes helping me get the most out of the car that people don't see.
Yeah man I would like to see a pass with the plug undone. it helps cancel out some variables if there is a calibration issue.

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT premium A10 (SOLD)
CCHadwick, correct me if I am wrong but weren't you running mid 11s with the EB tune?

100mphclub

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT, 1994 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah man I would like to see a pass with the plug undone. it helps cancel out some variables if there is a calibration issue.
I'll try it when I can... I've been sent a new tune to try, but it was before I had sent them my data logs. I'm kinda waiting to see if they want to make any more changes before I make a trip to Mexico. In the meantime, I've posted up in a thread about this issue to see if maybe someone else has already done this test. It's not just a Edelbrock issue. https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/a10-hold-6th-to-redline.113163/
Sponsored