Ecoboost VS BMW 328 (E90)

Glenn G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
15 DIB 6MT base Ecoboost
So a BMW was driving like a Jerk this morning (big surprise right?)

First thing the I saw him do was try to pass a Golf on the right in a 100kph area in heavy traffic (beginning of video). I kept a good amount of distance as he rode up the ass of each of the cars until they got out of the way.
As soon as it became unlimited I waited for him to take the hit after forcing the last car infront of him out of the way. He of course did the typical BMW thing of hitting full gas and moving into the right lane.
I didn't even shift out of 6th

http://vid300.photobucket.com/albums/nn17/gman-r33/AMBA0299_mpeg4_zpsdjbsvhnh.mp4
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
Glenn G

Glenn G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
15 DIB 6MT base Ecoboost
How do you imbed a video from photobucket?

10splaya22

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
F150
I don't see anything wrong there, he got the slow drivers out of the fast lane

I thought this was gonna be a race in Mexico or something
+1. I don't see an issue here either. I would have done the same thing. The left lane isn't for cruising its for passing.

OP failed

OP
OP
Glenn G

Glenn G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
15 DIB 6MT base Ecoboost
+1. I don't see an issue here either. I would have done the same thing. The left lane isn't for cruising its for passing.

OP failed
Of course you would, you drive a BMW.

It's fun watching you guys rage when someone does it to you though :lol:

He was not happy and caught up to me when I got stuck behind some slower cars. He rode my back bumper dangerously close. I'm sure you would say that is acceptable behavior too.

Once the traffic cleared and I left him sucking exhaust fumes again.
Good times

Sponsored

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'07 A4, '19 Ram Rebel

He was not happy and caught up to me when I got stuck behind some slower cars. He rode my back bumper dangerously close. I'm sure you would say that is acceptable behavior too.

Good times
Tailgating is stupid, I keep a good distance but still get the slow bastards to move over or switch lanes to pass them

Don't cruise in the fast lane, simple as that

OP
OP
Glenn G

Glenn G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
15 DIB 6MT base Ecoboost
Tailgating is stupid, I keep a good distance but still get the slow bastards to move over or switch lanes to pass them
Exactly what I mean. Watch the video and look at his following distances to the other cars. Then look at mine. Exactly what you just said and is typical BMW behaviour.

Don't cruise in the fast lane, simple as that
I agree completely too. I do get mad when some idiot is just cruising in the fast lane with clear lanes to his right but I don't condone endangering them or myself by tailgating.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Interesting seeing how people behave in traffic in Germany compared to here.

I didn't think the traffic was heavy. Looked like really light traffic to me. Kind of like what you see here in the middle of a more rural area.

Most people here don't leave a gap like you do. I agree with you that the space you leave is safer, but I've found if I leave a gap that big in traffic here in the US two or three people will pull into it.

I find it to be a happy exception when slower traffic pulls over to be passed around here. I pass on the right far more than I should. Usually many people here even try to block you. They slow down when you are obstructed and speed up when there's room to get around them. Sometimes after I pass slower traffic they flash their brights at me. I'm not sure why. I think they are angry that I want to go faster and that they were unable to prevent me from getting around them.

So I guess I'm saying you should feel lucky commuting where you do. Looks like more fun than I have around here. The behavior of the BMW driver was not bad compared to what I have seen quite often here.

Fox5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP magnetic
Yeah, IMO he was quite cool. He even moved over for you since he saw you come up fast.

Plus tail gating people is the only way to get them to move over, here in so cal it's ridiculous how many people go in the fast lane and only do 65. I believe it just became a law in one state where PE can now pull over for going slow in the left lane.

Also to add, you kind of provoked him by stepping on it. So I would have done the same, everyone that calls bmw drivers "assholes" probably drives like they don't care about any one else on the freeway.

OP
OP
Glenn G

Glenn G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
15 DIB 6MT base Ecoboost
Yeah, IMO he was quite cool. He even moved over for you since he saw you come up fast.

Plus tail gating people is the only way to get them to move over, here in so cal it's ridiculous how many people go in the fast lane and only do 65. I believe it just became a law in one state where PE can now pull over for going slow in the left lane.

Also to add, you kind of provoked him by stepping on it. So I would have done the same, everyone that calls bmw drivers "assholes" probably drives like they don't care about any one else on the freeway.
So when a BMW comes up on somebody fast and Tail gates him, it's justified as that person should not be in the fast lane, But if you come up to a BMW fast, you are provoking?
Is that sense of entitlement a factory option or dealer installed? because I seem to have missed out on it when I owned one but most of the rest of the world seems to have it. At least this is one of the few BMWs to have paid for the optional indicators. He was still quite ragey and as I said above tailgated me the whole time when I had to slow down for traffic, But that's ok right? He has the built in right of way.
Respect-for-exceptions.jpg

Sponsored

NapaStang!

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Black GT PP
I got a joke for you. You can use any car really. But we will use BMW for this one. Do you know the difference between a BMW and a porcupine? On a porcupine the pricks are on the outside...

EcoSwag1990

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Triple Yellow GT
I got a joke for you. You can use any car really. But we will use BMW for this one. Do you know the difference between a BMW and a porcupine? On a porcupine the pricks are on the outside...
HA!
welven.jpg

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)

Good times

Watch you own video...

He doesn't tailgate anyone, no more than you. When at speed people get pushed out of the lane as he is approaching and closing in on them. He is not "on them", but advancing on them... in which they ALREADY indicating they were moving out of the lane with their own blinkers... so there is no need to slow down.

Nor does you video show what you did when you approached the car in front of you fast... vid just end. Nor did we see anything behind you.

What about the little red car that jumps two lanes over and starts passing people ?

I think you are head hunting here. Nothing more.

Chameleon

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ebay.com
Vehicle(s)
03' Cobra, 05' GT, 13' GT, 15' GT
:lol::lol::lol:

Fox5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP magnetic
So when a BMW comes up on somebody fast and Tail gates him, it's justified as that person should not be in the fast lane, But if you come up to a BMW fast, you are provoking?
Is that sense of entitlement a factory option or dealer installed? because I seem to have missed out on it when I owned one but most of the rest of the world seems to have it. At least this is one of the few BMWs to have paid for the optional indicators. He was still quite ragey and as I said above tailgated me the whole time when I had to slow down for traffic, But that's ok right? He has the built in right of way.
Now that I see the video more, he actually doesn't tailgate people much. He speeds up and lets them know he wants to pass.

At one point you were just cruising, but as soon as he gets into your lane and starts speeding, you follow and downshift ( yes I can hear it). So you provoked him and he started chasing.

IMO, he might have thought you were trying to race him and he pursued. I don't believe BMW drivers are all A**holes. I just think everyone who doesn't drive one automatically views them that way, and that makes you think everything beamer drivers do is a jerk move.

Plus, most people grow up. Just because he is tailgating someone, which he wasn't, doesn't mean you should do the same. Be the bigger person and let him be.
Sponsored