Sponsored

EcoBoost to GT observation

BlackandBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
FWIW, we ran 91 oct in both the EB and the GT so far, usually ethanol-free when only $0.05 more per gallon. I plan on looking into consequences of running a lower octane in the GT since no plans to tune it before at least the initial 3/36,000.
If you have E85 around you, 2.5 gallons per fill up will make a massive difference with 91 or 87. It really helps with low end torque especially on hot day.

Also another trick almost no one knows about is holding the upshift paddle to put the car back into automatic mode from manual mode. Makes transition from manual mode to automatic seamless.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Jackal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang GT 401A NPP
If you have E85 around you, 2.5 gallons per fill up will make a massive difference with 91 or 87. It really helps with low end torque especially on hot day.

Also another trick almost no one knows about is holding the upshift paddle to put the car back into automatic mode from manual mode. Makes transition from manual mode to automatic seamless.
In the EB I NEVER used the paddles, because I wasn't used to them and they were never where I "needed" them come time to shift, plus I would have to moved back to D then S to resume automatic mode. In the GT, however, I can use the paddles even in track mode to better anticipate needing that rev match, and after a few seconds the paddle icons flash and it resumes automatic mode. Really nice, just think it could hold a little longer. Thanks for this tip, I'll try it out!

The thing pulls like a freight train for sure, just very planted compared to the EB and you really have to want to blow the tires off to get much done by comparison. It's just a different driving experience, but no regrets.

RagmopInKona

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang HHP
In the EB I NEVER used the paddles, because I wasn't used to them and they were never where I "needed" them come time to shift, plus I would have to moved back to D then S to resume automatic mode. In the GT, however, I can use the paddles even in track mode to better anticipate needing that rev match, and after a few seconds the paddle icons flash and it resumes automatic mode. Really nice, just think it could hold a little longer. Thanks for this tip, I'll try it out!

The thing pulls like a freight train for sure, just very planted compared to the EB and you really have to want to blow the tires off to get much done by comparison. It's just a different driving experience, but no regrets.
IIRC if you put the shifter into "s" the notch after D. and in sport+ or track it'll hold the gear untill you paddle up or down and not time out to automatic if you don't use the paddle for a set time.

OP
OP

Jackal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang GT 401A NPP
I wondered if "S" was still going to be useful or not. Guess so!

BlackandBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I wondered if "S" was still going to be useful or not. Guess so!
Track with shifter in S is how my car is always driven. The rev matching feels much better than sports plus jerky downshifts. I found the holding upshift paddle back to automatic mode by accident but it changed the way I drive and use the car tremendously. No touching the shift anymore.

And don’t be afraid to rev this car. My car has spend most of its life above 5k and loves it. Just remember while it may not feel much fast than the EB, up in those revs it is much much faster.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Jackal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang GT 401A NPP
It certainly is, and yea I'm well used to 4-5k V8 RPMs, NOT 6, 7+, so that is definitely an adjustment.

OP
OP

Jackal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang GT 401A NPP
Welp, it seems that the Steeda x-pipe made all the difference. That low speed, low RPM torque/flickability is back and was immediately noticeable.
Sponsored