Ecoboost Mustang Not Running on Full Boost

Falcon01

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost Premium PP Manual
I have a 2016 Ecoboost PP. I just got it back from the dealership as it had some warranty work done (Handbrake was replaced, some sensor in the engine was throwing a CEL, Grill Shutters were stuck open and not working). After getting it back, I thought it felt slower, but didn't think anything of it. Yesterday, I plugged my access port back in and noticed that it's only hitting a max of 12.61 PSI of boost and not the 21-23 range it usually does. Charge temps were in the normal range as well (90-110) and Estimated Torque was 260-280 versus the 390-410 I usually see.

I have a Cobb OTS Stage 1 93 Tune. I have an Oil Catch Can as well, but those are the only mods I have.

I've read that this could be due to the charge temps getting too hot, but I don't think that's the case.

It could also be due to bad gas, but I always fill it up 93, and had about 1/4 of a tank left yesterday, so I filled it up with 93 from a different station than last time.

The most likely at this point would be a loose line or pipe going to or from the intercooler, but I'm not sure. I didn't really take a solid look, but nothing seemed off at first glance. If anyone has a diagram of what exactly to look for, I would appreciate it.

I can always take it back to the dealership and have them figure it out, but would prefer not to if it's a simple fix (loose clamp on a hose or something) as it's a big PITA for me to get there as I leave for work before they open and get home after they close.

If any of you have had this happen or have any guesses as too what's causing this 'Limp Mode' low boost issue, I'm all ears.
Sponsored

offcamber

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Magnetic GT - Premium/PP
The car should tell you if there is a problem. Incoming, mix and exiting air is all monitored and if something is wrong you should see an error code.
I had a kink in one of my intercooler hoses and it threw a code.
I would bring her back to the dealer for a boost test.
Sponsored