Sponsored

2015 Mustang Ecoboost really nver sees boost over 0

Wavrider

Wavrider
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Manual 6 speed in Orange
I have a 2015 ecoboost premium with performance package manual 6speed. I have noticed that my boost gauge really never goes over 0 boost. I have had the car since jan. 18 2015, once the hose blew of the turbo connection and I had to tighten it down. I usually drive in normal mode and I swear I never see the boost gauge go over 0 or 5. I am curious what other owners boost gauges show while driving in normal mode then sport mode and track mode. The car seems to run fine but the boost gauge just does not show really anything over 0. I have looked at the hoses going to the intercooler and turbo and nothing seems loose especially with me pulling on them to make sure. I have been running 93 octane, originally I was running 87 and I would get misfires on startup unless I had the defrost or ac running. I took the car in twice to the dealer and they did nothing but tell me maybe bad gas, anyways I run 93 now and no more (misfires w check engine light lit). However, I just think I should be seeing boost better than 0. I mean 6000 rpm in first gear normal mode and no boost greater than 0, could my stock blow off valve be stuck open? I just recently installed flowmaster axle back exhaust and then replaced the resonator with a y pipe and I have a K&N air filter installed. Maybe someone could post a video of their stock ecoboost in normal mode going thru the gears while monitoring the boost gauge. In my drive way in neutral reving the engine (boost goes from -30 to 0) but that is it (I think that is normal). Is there something else I should check besides the intercooler hoses?
Sponsored

Turbo Ghost

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost PP
You won't build much boost while free revving the engine.

The engine needs to be under load (driving) to produce solid boost.

That being said, you should have no trouble achieving 15-20PSI while under full throttle in 1st, 2nd, or 3rd gear.

It sounds like you need to find a new dealership, you will be wasting your time to return to the dealer you've been going to.

I also recommend checking the gap on your spark plugs, or simply replacing then with NGK or Denso.

OEMRadio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT500
I know from my Focus ST.. boost only comes in at 3/4 throttle or higher.. no matter what speed or gear.. if you floor the throttle... boost comes in..

PonyGrrrl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeanne
Vehicle(s)
16 Cadillac ATS V Coupe
I had an EcoBoost and I had no problems achieving 15-20PSI without being full throttle when accelerating from a dead stop or accelerating 1-6. I watched the needle hit boost whenever I accelerated.

Sent from my iPhone 6s Plus using Tapatalk
Sponsored