Sponsored

Ecoboost Head Gasket Seeping

Twi5ter.0range

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium
Was changing my spark plugs till I seen my head gasket was seeping from 3 different spots. Pictures provided below. I wanna take it in to the dealer because it still has powertrain warranty but idk if they’re gonna say since it’s seeping warranty won’t cover it. They had told me the same thing about my rear main seal seeping on my 16 v6. what do you guys think?

4F9057DA-9A7A-4C2F-8259-572E13FE8679.jpeg

64CDBBF3-9432-4A9D-A951-3A797FDE80E8.jpeg

7F05E1F3-C8E9-4F25-BA31-C991CA185914.jpeg
Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
I think it would go through for warranty work, the head gasket shouldn’t be seeping at all, leaking at all or even failing at only 19k miles…. Make an appointment before it gets worse.

OP
OP
Twi5ter.0range

Twi5ter.0range

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium
Makes sense I wouldn't worry about it but would take it for warranty immediately, just to have it logged in the system at least.
Yeah might as well. But it’s going to get worse over time so why not just fix it. I’ve also noticed my coolant level going down a very tiny bit. I had just filled it all the way up less than a month ago

OP
OP
Twi5ter.0range

Twi5ter.0range

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium
I think it would go through for warranty work, the head gasket shouldn’t be seeping at all, leaking at all or even failing at only 19k miles…. Make an appointment before it gets worse.
Definitely will make an appointment tomorrow.

Sponsored

GWraith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathaniel
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Phase 2 Roushcharged
Normal for the aluminum block. Unless it's a puddle on the driveway they are going to ignore it.

OP
OP
Twi5ter.0range

Twi5ter.0range

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium
Normal for the aluminum block. Unless it's a puddle on the driveway they are going to ignore it.
Yeah I just called to make an appointment and I got asked “well how do you know it’s seeping and is it dripping on the floor” i wanted to be a smart ass but I was like nah lemme not do that. They told me if it’s seeping, Ford isn’t going to warranty it. I guess i’ll just wait until it gets worse and messes up the block even more which they’ll have to spend more money on. Or I can call customer service and make a claim.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Yeah I just called to make an appointment and I got asked “well how do you know it’s seeping and is it dripping on the floor” i wanted to be a smart ass but I was like nah lemme not do that. They told me if it’s seeping, Ford isn’t going to warranty it. I guess i’ll just wait until it gets worse and messes up the block even more which they’ll have to spend more money on. Or I can call customer service and make a claim.
Thats BS... that they won't look at seepage?

Sponsored

Mike Pfeifer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red Mustang GT A10
Are you sure it’s not a valve cover seeping, not the cylinder head? Looks like plastic in the pictures.

GWraith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathaniel
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Phase 2 Roushcharged
I feel ya man I tried to schedule an appointment for a calibration update on my Roush. Made it online. Showed up on time a week later. They wanted to keep the car for like 4 days to look at it and am additional 1.5 weeks to flash it. Ford dealerships, especially round here, they are not taking any warranty work at all.

I bought my own J2 pass thru for $500 and it took me 45 min to get the codes from Roush and 13.2min to flash and verify. Ford needs to start lowering Thier prices if they can't warranty thier cars.

OP
OP
Twi5ter.0range

Twi5ter.0range

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium
Don't worry about it drive it like you stole it while under warranty as long as you made and screen shot of the appt and complaint they have to warranty.

Maybe it was an ex rental run hard cold and put away wet....head gaskets will fail but they are cheap to replace on EB can probably get one done for a few hundred worst case.
It wasn’t a rental car for sure I know that for a fact because I spoke to the previous owner when I bought it from the dealership. He did barely drive it tho he drove like 3000 in 7 months at one time but had paperwork of him doing oil changes at Ford every 4500 miles. Then again you’d rather drive a car everyday than let it sit for weeks cause the seals and gaskets harden up quicker over time. I wouldn’t have looked at the car if it had anything to do with being a rental because I know exactly how people treat those. And I would beat the mess out of it too if I had it as a rental rental😂.

OP
OP
Twi5ter.0range

Twi5ter.0range

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium
Same thing I thought, I don't see a head gasket leak anywhere in these pictures, just looks like the base of the valve cover
What do you think it could be? I cleaned it up a few days ago and been checking and I haven’t seen any oil build up on the same spots.
Sponsored