Ecoboost Dimensions

Swedish_Fries

Function and Form
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Guard GT
Hey guys,

I've looked quite a bit, but haven't found what I'm looking for. I want to retrofit a ecoboost mustang into a spare 350z I have - so I'm game planning a bit. It's obviously a large project so the more information I can have before starting ... well, probably will still mean the same amount of headache. I've attached images of what I'm looking for. Really need the length of the engine and pretty accurate dimensions for the oil pan.

350's use front sump oilpans, but there is quite a bit of space between the VQ's head and the first (false) firewall - so I may be able to push the engine back far enough to manage with the current rear sump pan.

Because I know people will ask why in the **** I want to do this - LS swaps are easy and "cheap". You're absolutely correct. However, I think it would just be neat. The ecoboost in stock trim is a significant gain over the VQ35DE - (285/265 to 310/320) and that's in stock form. Obviously FMIC/Exhaust would need to be done essentially a stage 2/3 tune which would be rad and I'd get all that turbo noise goodness.

Assuming the oilpan can fit and I can manage to retrofit (not show quality) most of the mustang systems I wouldn't have too much money into the project. Also, I could stunt for the gram and YouTube. I have a mediocre channel for my 350z build. (you can check that out at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCBazqiub9ECl-3Mi6BuqLOA - I'd recommend probably starting with the brakes drift fail or the tow pig episode as the production quality increased significantly. The others are okay though)

I really hope one of you dudes have your engines out and don't mind taking the measurements! I'll make sure to give you/your IG a shoutout in the video. Or I'll send pics. You know what I mean.

Thanks!
vortec_43001.gif
Sponsored

ihasnostang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Saturn ion, 2019 201A, EB PP1, Ruby Red
i did some searching around and found this (too big to attach as jpeg). since dimensions are given you can extrapolate any dimension you need. you could either use CAD or print out that picture and use a ruler/caliper to scale a given dimension to a unknown one. i can help with the cad if needed.
https://www.mustangecoboost.net/attachments/m-6007-23t-png.4585/

OP
OP
Swedish_Fries

Swedish_Fries

Function and Form
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Guard GT
i did some searching around and found this (too big to attach as jpeg). since dimensions are given you can extrapolate any dimension you need. you could either use CAD or print out that picture and use a ruler/caliper to scale a given dimension to a unknown one. i can help with the cad if needed.
https://www.mustangecoboost.net/attachments/m-6007-23t-png.4585/

Thats absolutely perfect and all I need. How in god's name did you find that!? I'm SO STOKED. Thank you so much man!
Sponsored