Ecoboost 10 Speed Question

01Romanss

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Convertible 6 Speed PP1
My wife wants a mustang so we went to drive a used 2020 Ecoboost with the 10 spd auto. We both did not like the way the transmission acted. It always delayed in downshifting and it it changed gears too many times when driving through town. We both thought there are too many gears. Overkill..

I understand the benefits of having the 10 speeds but it was thoroughly not enjoyable for daily driving.

I have a 2019 GT manual, so we may have been spoiled.

Does the 15-17 Ecoboost auto 6 speed have any pros/cons? We want to find a manual to drive, but she also wants a convertible. That's a hard combo to find.

Thanks.
Sponsored

Spykexx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Prem M6, 2019 Charger Scat Pack Plus
As someone who went to the A10, from an M6, and have an A8 from Dodge...I just can't get on board with the A10. It's incredibly quick in a straight line, but in many other aspects I feel it just lacks. Constantly doesn't where it wants to go, tries to shift up and down at the same time (Scary as shit), the downshifts are INCREDIBLY slow, and you can be putting around like a grandma and one stop it will shift normally, the next it will shift down like its in track mode.

Ride in the A10, and then take a trip in the ZF A8, and my god what a difference. So much more refined and a pleasure to drive.

Hsq91

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Huy
Vehicle(s)
19 Ecoboost
I would agree that the a10 is just too "busy". It's constantly shifting and I feel like you need to drive "around" the transmission. I regret not getting the manual.
Sponsored