Easy DIY Trunk Handle

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
That is why you have the MACH 1 badge you just put your fingers there and close.

The only thing the faux gas cap/GT badge on the export model is any good for is when closing the deck lid :D
Do that with either one of those badges and you'll rip them right off eventually.
Sponsored

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual

Mazman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PP1 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
If you search for "Decklid emblem fell off"... you will change your mind.
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/decklid-emblem-broke-off.90017/post-1992158
The MACH 1 letters are most likely attached with automotive adhesive tape. The badge on the export models, that front cap has come loose as it is only glued I believe. Adhesive tape (3M VHB) is almost impossible to remove even if you wanted to

I hated the GT badge from day one I would have done the switch to the FP deck lid panel sooner if the cap would have fallen off :)

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
The MACH 1 letters are most likely attached with automotive adhesive tape. The badge on the export models, that front cap has come loose as it is only glued I believe. Adhesive tape (3M VHB) is almost impossible to remove even if you wanted to

I hated the GT badge from day one I would have done the switch to the FP deck lid panel sooner if the cap would have fallen off :)
Car manufacturer's love to use pins on emblems AND adhesive tape. The GT and the Cali emblems are held on with pins and adhesive tape. It makes assembly fast and precise. I would bet money that the Mach1 emblem is no different. All I'm saying is they are plastic and not very strong. But you are free to close your trunk any way you like. I won't stop you. :wink:

Sponsored

Mazman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PP1 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Car manufacturer's love to use pins on emblems AND adhesive tape. The GT and the Cali emblems are held on with pins and adhesive tape. It makes assembly fast and precise. I would bet money that the Mach1 emblem is no different. All I'm saying is they are plastic and not very strong. But you are free to close your trunk any way you like. I won't stop you. :wink:
I don't even have a Stang any longer so .... :D

I wouldn't worry to much about it. Not sure if you have e.g removed the 5.0 badges on the front fenders. They are sitting really tight and only with tape and pins.

But we can conclude the deck lid scratches just by looking at it and an oem strap or similar would be the best.

Fishtales

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2001 Harley, 1964 Volkswagen Beetle, 2016 Toyota Avalon
Everyone knows that you sweat the details everywhere the customer interfaces with the product. Really should have an elegant solution for this. Kinda like a door handle, hood prop rod and glove box light.

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
^^^^^^ Mr negativity strikes again. :facepalm:
Sponsored