Sponsored

Dynomax Mini/Race Bullets

ghostnote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2015
Anyone have these installed? I'm currently searching for a goldilocks exhaust setup. My Roush ABs are too raspy with an xpipe but too quiet with a magnaflow resonated xpipe (11486).

I'm looking to reinstall the xpipe and weld in some small resonators to take care of the rasp.

Thoughts?
Sponsored

tza888

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
'16 Ruby Red GT
Wow talk about crazy. I mentioned almost this exact same thing in another thread. I have Roush AB plus CJPP H Pipe. Not completely happy with the sound which i think has to do partly with the construction of the H pipe. Have been contemplating adding race bullets or going to the Magnaflow 11386. Want to level out the rasp and quiet it down a tad. Morning Cold starts in my garage are brutal. LOL

OP
OP

ghostnote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2015
Hmm. Honestly, the magnaflow quieted it down wayyyy too much. The worst part is that it sounds "opaque" - like dull and breathy. The staccato from the v8 is virtually eliminated. On the flipside, the xpipe is raspy as all hell - sounds like nascar, but its not something you want on a long commute.

I may try deleting the roushes and seeing how the magnaflow sounds on its own. But in any case this is not an optimal solution as the magnaflow has another issue. Its a bit taller than the stock reso so there is a bit of clearance lowering.

Mustang_Lou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt
the magnaflow has another issue. Its a bit taller than the stock reso so there is a bit of clearance lowering.
I thought the same thing when I scraped over speedbumps that I never did before ... wasn't the actual MF Tru-X as it had no scrapes whatsoever. It was the bolts from the clamps that were hanging down vertical ... tilt them out of the way and you won't scrape.

I took it off anyway and put it next to the stock res and same height virtually.

kluke15

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kenny
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GTPP
i had been following some of these threads about this combo ending up being a little too much for daily driving as i have come to the same conclusion. was thinking of taking out the x pipe for a resonated x but all the videos i watched calmed the exhaust down too much and we are losing the sound that we love. what i ended up doing was welding some 12" vibrant bottle style resonators to the backside of my xpipe. it sounds perfect. tad quieter on idle. quieter and shorter on cold starts and still pretty damn loud when you get on it. i can get some videos if anyone wants to hear the comparisons

Sponsored

tza888

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
'16 Ruby Red GT
i had been following some of these threads about this combo ending up being a little too much for daily driving as i have come to the same conclusion. was thinking of taking out the x pipe for a resonated x but all the videos i watched calmed the exhaust down too much and we are losing the sound that we love. what i ended up doing was welding some 12" vibrant bottle style resonators to the backside of my xpipe. it sounds perfect. tad quieter on idle. quieter and shorter on cold starts and still pretty damn loud when you get on it. i can get some videos if anyone wants to hear the comparisons

Would def like to hear this as the Vibrants arent too far different then the Dynomax Race Bullets.

Kahboom

Kahboom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GTPP, Recaros/2014 Explorer Sport 4X4
I got some dynomax race bullets, don't do to much rasp reduction if any but definitely reduced my drone issue when cruising. On low throttle it's pretty mellow able to coast by cops with headers. If your hard on the throttle it's sounds like there not there lol. Just how I wanted it.

kluke15

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kenny
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GTPP
Would def like to hear this as the Vibrants arent too far different then the Dynomax Race Bullets.
ill try to get some vids up in a little.

kluke15

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kenny
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GTPP
okay here is a vid of my cold start this morning in a parking garage. (with vibrant resonators) i will try to get some warmed up and driving vids tomorrow. i realized also i never took a bunch of videos with just the x pipe and roush abs on so i dont have the best comparison videos but realistically you can compare this to the other million vids of the xpipe roush combo

[ame]

Sponsored

B-52 Jetman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT, Johnny Cash Edition
I'm running Dynomax Mini Race Bullets with a custom 2.5" Double X-Pipe and I absolutely love the sound...it's nasty!I wouldn't recommend it if you don't want loud! No resonance...just deep & loud. Here's a YouTube video of mine when I had the single X-pipe...double X-pipe slightly louder.

[ame]

Cold Start (double X-Pipe)

[ame]

Outside:

[ame]

Bill88stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 deep impact blue premium gt 6 speed manual
I will
Agree the mini bullets are loud, I'm running the same
Ones with a h pipe, some drone at 2k but that's about it.

JohnK

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP Ruby Red
B-52 Jetman - what exhaust system are you running with the Dynomax mini race bullets? Thanks much!

B-52 Jetman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT, Johnny Cash Edition
B-52 Jetman - what exhaust system are you running with the Dynomax mini race bullets? Thanks much!
JohnK, all stock. Used 2.5" factory size but had a custom 2.5" Double X-Pipe fabricated and installed.

Bill88stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 deep impact blue premium gt 6 speed manual
I'm running the mini race bullets too with a h pipe and it loud but I love it. Some drone a 2k but that's about it
Sponsored