Lurker (mostly)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP 400A
Vehicle Showcase
I got a DSR1 for Christmas and I'm working on flashing it using the Weblink Desktop app. There's a page in the software where you're configuring your flash that has absolutely no description as to what it's doing. The top of the screen says "OEM RADIO CONTROLS." There's an "assignments" section on the page that says, "occupancy mode" below the "assignments" label. There's a dropdown with 7 choices. "None*" is selected, and there's a toggle below for the "default value." The available options are as follows:
  • Bass Tone Control
  • Mid Tone Control
  • None*
  • Punch EQ Level
  • Subwoofer Volume
  • Treble Tone Control
I know in the SYNC3 software, there's the occupancy mode option that allows you to tweak the factory time alignment for either driver mode or all-seat mode. Does the DSR1 use that SYNC3 input as some sort of a control selection that I'm "mapping" in this flash software?

Should I just go with the "None*" option and leave the default toggle checked "on"?

Thanks.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Canoman

Canoman

Lurker (mostly)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP 400A
Vehicle Showcase
I watched this video:

They mention it, but don't really go into detail as to what's happening. They just say they're leaving it alone because they're going to use a plug-in subwoofer level control.

@Cathul Do you have any tips? Thanks!

Cathul

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
Yes, you can reassign the function of this button to one of the listed functions.
I left it at none as iā€˜m not using any tone controls, PunchEQ and stuff like that.

Last edited:

19-kilo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Colin
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350R, 2011 SVT Raptor, 6.2L
What voltage do we select for the maestro firmware flash? I have 3,4,5,6 volt options. 4 is default. Not sure what the peak to peak voltage is on the 2018 Ford Mustang Shaker head unit.
Any audio expert feedback?

Cathul

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
I use the default of 4Volts. 3 Volt will be louder, but you risk overdriving the input of the DSR1 which is bad. 5 Volts our higher will make your output less loud.

Sponsored

19-kilo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Colin
Vehicle(s)

Cathul

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
Yes, i took part in that thread as well. In 95% of all cases hiss is a problem with either ground of gains. The latter especially with tweeter amps. Check your grounds and gain structure.

19-kilo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Colin
Vehicle(s)
Yes, i took part in that thread as well. In 95% of all cases hiss is a problem with either ground of gains. The latter especially with tweeter amps. Check your grounds and gain structure.
Problem is coming from the DSR1.

I tried 3 volts and the hiss reduced. I just reprogrammed to 4 volts and the hiss is horrible. Issue is not the amp or grounds there. Already trouble shot that.

Iā€™m just not sure why the hiss is so bad with the DSR1. It says system gain is 10db and when I adjust the master volume in the Rockford app the hiss reduces to normal at about -25db.

Any ideas?

Cathul

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
Strange. No hiss with 4V over here.

Thestangb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ayham Kutit
Vehicle(s)
Black S550
Sorry to storm this thread but I was using Maestro AR with Audison AP8.9, but eventually got rid of the Maestro AR as you'd need to flash the Audison amp with a custom firmware for it to work with the Maestro and this firmware makes lose tons of features of the amp.

Anyhow I'm also experiencing a little hiss and it's annoying, I think the OEM ACM is the culprit - so I'll try to ground its case and see if it makes a difference

Sponsored

19-kilo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Colin
Vehicle(s)
Strange. No hiss with 4V over here.
I just got another DSR1 and the performance is the same.

I put the oem amp back in and the hiss went away. So my next two spots to assess are the T harness and firmware settings.

19-kilo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Colin
Vehicle(s)
I just got another DSR1 and the performance is the same.

I put the oem amp back in and the hiss went away. So my next two spots to assess are the T harness and firmware settings.
Ok, well I just replaced the T harness with a new one and the static problem went away. Guess I had a defective harness.
Sponsored