Sponsored

DRL tri-bar brightness using Forscan

jfabes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT500; '22 F150; '19 Giulia QV; '21 GTI
Hey guys, question about the DRL’s. I have a 2016 GT350 and was doing some of the Forscan mods from this site. I also have 2018 F150 and did a bunch of Forscan mods and recently, someone was able to figure out how to eliminate the DRL’s from dimming when you turn on the parking or head lights and it works perfectly. I tired to do the same thing on my Shelby but it didn’t work. The idea is that the brightness that the tri-bars are at when the headlights or parking lights are off is very bright, and when you turn them on, they dim. This mod keeps them bright.

The change is pretty simple: on the F150, I changed 726-29-02 from 0000 0001 0059 to 0100 0001 005A. This did not work on the Shelby. I then realized that the DRL’s are disabled in 726-50-01 as 017F but in the F150, it’s 108E. The 01 change to 10 allows DRL’s but when I tried 108E and 107F, it would not accept the code.

Has anyone done this or know of a way to do it? Seems odd that it didn’t work since many of the others did under the same code blocks and are the same (horn honk, hyper blink, piped in sound, seat belt chime, etc.). Any help is appreciated.
Sponsored

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
A 2017 miraculous little beast
Very interested in this as well. I don’t want my DRLs to dim when the parking lights or the headlights are on.

LFSoccer2k6

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1 Premium Jet Gray HP
Interested as well. Still need to pick up the device. I really want to set the car to turn the headlights on when I unlock it if it is night time. My 2010 fusion sport does this, so I’m surprised the mustang doesn’t.

HeelToeHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT PP, 05 focus st
The tri bars aren't real DRLs. The fog lights are the DRLs for the mustang (canadian and other cars that require drls have the fog lights on). Probably need to be looking for another parameter name.

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
A 2017 miraculous little beast
Whether it is the tribars or the DRLs within the fog lights, I suppose we should be looking for something like “DRLs constantly on”.

Here is an idea for us Europeans (and Australians and Canadians) who have installed the Diode Dynamics tribars. It doesn’t involve FORScan, but rather involves the way we spliced the wires when we first installed the boards. According to DD instructions, I connected the DRL wire of the tribars to the fog lights DRL, the parking lights wire of the tribars to the parking lights and the sequential turn signal wire to the turn signals. We could simply connect the DRL wire of the tribars to a switched fuse using a fuse tap connector and disconnect the wire that goes onto the parking lights. This way the DRLs will be constantly on when the car is running, even when the parking lights or the headlights are on.

Just a suggestion.

Sponsored

OP
OP

jfabes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Appreciate the responses guys. MakStang, I did consider that but was hoping to avoid cutting wires / rewiring. I’ll post this in the Forscan thread on the F150 forum, that thread is massive and maybe someone has a suggestion of what blocks to try. I’ll report back...

jmeiers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1/401A/A10
Vehicle Showcase
Appreciate the responses guys. MakStang, I did consider that but was hoping to avoid cutting wires / rewiring. I’ll post this in the Forscan thread on the F150 forum, that thread is massive and maybe someone has a suggestion of what blocks to try. I’ll report back...
Bringing this back from the dead hoping for an update.

OP
OP

jfabes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bringing this back from the dead hoping for an update.
I wasn’t able to figure it out...so I instead installed the OPT7 lights, disconnected the headlight fins and used that wire to power the OPT7’s with the start button as DRL’s on all the time. Didn’t have to cut anything. They change to an orange sequential blink with the turn signal. I had to swap the headlight bulbs to 6000k so they match but it looks great. The leds are nearly as bright as my F150, so they can easily be seen during the day.

https://www.amazon.com/Arrow-Sequen...2&sr=1-1-70f7c15d-07d8-466a-b325-4be35d7258cc

Helios

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gen3 Coyote
I wasn’t able to figure it out...so I instead installed the OPT7 lights, disconnected the headlight fins and used that wire to power the OPT7’s with the start button as DRL’s on all the time. Didn’t have to cut anything. They change to an orange sequential blink with the turn signal. I had to swap the headlight bulbs to 6000k so they match but it looks great. The leds are nearly as bright as my F150, so they can easily be seen during the day.

https://www.amazon.com/Arrow-Sequen...2&sr=1-1-70f7c15d-07d8-466a-b325-4be35d7258cc
Lol i just saw a picture this week on the forum of a s550 with del in the bumper and i tought he changed the bulbs inside, now i know exactly what it is. Thanks for showing me this awesome product it looks like a quality piece. Not free but bolt-on is cool :)

OP
OP

jfabes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lol i just saw a picture this week on the forum of a s550 with del in the bumper and i tought he changed the bulbs inside, now i know exactly what it is. Thanks for showing me this awesome product it looks like a quality piece. Not free but bolt-on is cool :)
No problem. Just be aware the opt7 light color doesn’t match the fin lights, some people don’t care but it bugged me so I disconnected the fin lights, plus the opt7 are brighter. I went with the clear lens. A lot of the negative reviews are from outside the US...but there are some nuisances with some NAM cars if the headlight switch is in the off position, that’s another reason I wired minEnhot all the time. If you get them and have questions installing, pm me.

Sponsored

jmeiers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1/401A/A10
Vehicle Showcase
The opt7 lights are cool but I have a 2019 and also have my parking/running lights disabled via BCM wiring. I really like the tri-bar lights as a DRL and just want to make them stay 100% brightness at all times. I guess wiring the DRL wire of the tri-bars to a switched source should do what I need.

Soulja4187

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium & 2022 Audi A5 S-Line
No problem. Just be aware the opt7 light color doesn’t match the fin lights, some people don’t care but it bugged me so I disconnected the fin lights, plus the opt7 are brighter. I went with the clear lens. A lot of the negative reviews are from outside the US...but there are some nuisances with some NAM cars if the headlight switch is in the off position, that’s another reason I wired minEnhot all the time. If you get them and have questions installing, pm me.
How do you disconnect the fin lights, want to use this for when I go to the drive in movie theater. Thanks
Sponsored