Sponsored

Driveshaft

JimmyTwoTimes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
Everybody knows about the high-speed driveshaft explosion issues with the 3.7 liter on the S197; is that fixed for this generation? If you remove the governor, will the driveshaft still explode?
Sponsored

Brent302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
Everybody knows about the high-speed driveshaft explosion issues with the 3.7 liter on the S197; is that fixed for this generation? If you remove the governor, will the driveshaft still explode?
I believe the V6 is now 121 I think?

They possibly fixed it.

langweiler

Threads
Reaction score
lol, if not they will have all day some to fix with Mustangs running on our autobahn....i´m sure they have to improve a lot of things to make a Mustang safe and stable for selling to us. Otherwise the car will get a very bad reputation in hole europe. I heard the euro type will all have things like the performance package as standard ? Unfortunately the price is growing and growing for us....tax, bad € shit

Horse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
300 hp with 3 pedals
Hope they indeed have fixed it.......I am interested in V6

Sponsored

Ryan1112

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Unfortunately it does still have the 2 piece driveshaft. I'm not sure why they kept it. Must have to do with pinion angle or something.

OP
OP

JimmyTwoTimes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
lol, if not they will have all day some to fix with Mustangs running on our autobahn....i´m sure they have to improve a lot of things to make a Mustang safe and stable for selling to us. Otherwise the car will get a very bad reputation in hole europe. I heard the euro type will all have things like the performance package as standard ? Unfortunately the price is growing and growing for us....tax, bad € shit
It doesn't make any difference to you, since it's a problem specific to the V6 model, which isn't being sold in Europe. Other models have two piece drive shafts that work just fine.

908ssp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT/PP white
One reason they might be keeping the two piece drive shaft is for serious crashes. The new cars are designed to allow the motor to dive down under the floor in a front end crash. A one piece driveshaft will make that much more difficult, a two piece shaft folds up when impacted from the front.

Sponsored

908ssp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT/PP white
Time for a CF one...

Up sounds like the way to go. I bet there will be a lot less complaints about the drive shaft. With the differential fixed semi rigidly to the monocque there is virtually no angle change between engine and the dif so if Ford installs it correctly it should always work correctly.

langweiler

Threads
Reaction score
Unfortunately it does still have the 2 piece driveshaft. I'm not sure why they kept it. Must have to do with pinion angle or something.
I see rust at the mufflers, rust at the differential, rust at the driveshaft.
Are the mufflers no more in stainless steel ?

EXP Jawa

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.torsen.com
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
1999 Cobra Convertible, Electric Green
Ford uses 400-series stainless for their exhausts. It does turn brown and can some develop surface rust compared to 300-series grades, but my understanding is that it thermal cycles better. Aftermarket companies often use 300-series, like 304, because it shines up prettier. Ford has different priorities.
Sponsored