Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1 - whipple stage 2
Hey guys,

So i have a Whipple 2018 gt stage 2.

I noticed when i put the car in reverse coming out of park and when stopping at a light, i heard a weird noise coming from under the car. Felt like there was play in the drivetrain.

Get the car up and I can rotate the yoke on the DS and it looks like the inside of the trans rotates just a little.
just slightly back and forth and there is a click from inside the trans.

DS is stock.

Any idea what this is. Really hoping the driveshaft splines broke or something and not anything with the trans.

Thanks guys
Sponsored

Drsmith33

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang gt
My car is doing the exact same thing! I also have a 2018 stage 2 Whipple. I recently put a carbon fiber dss driveshaft on so I thought that might be the culprit, but you’re saying yours is stock... anyone have any idea? It’s a popping/clunking sound every time I’m coming to a stop or going into reverse/drive.

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Hey guys,

So i have a Whipple 2018 gt stage 2.

I noticed when i put the car in reverse coming out of park and when stopping at a light, i heard a weird noise coming from under the car. Felt like there was play in the drivetrain.

Get the car up and I can rotate the yoke on the DS and it looks like the inside of the trans rotates just a little.
just slightly back and forth and there is a click from inside the trans.

DS is stock.

Any idea what this is. Really hoping the driveshaft splines broke or something and not anything with the trans.

Thanks guys
Um... How much play are you expecting?

OP
OP

murawdawg

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1 - whipple stage 2
So did some investigating. Somehow the differential is being pulled downward when I put the car into reverse. This video was taken with the car in the air. No wheels touching ground.\

Heres the video.

Steeda sells a differential stabilizer bracket. Gonna pick that up and hopefully is solves the issue.
Sponsored