Driver door window gasket

Lakeland-GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
SErik
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Race Red
I was going to get my windows tinted when I noticed an issue with one of the window gaskets. Hadn't noticed it before and probably never would have if I hadn't examined it closely.

Details:
Driver side door,
towards the from of the door (near A pillar),
where the little black plastic triangle sits (near the driver side mirror),
The vertical rubber channel, in which the window slides up and down in, is folded over.

It's only on my driver side, and only the inside window side of the gasket is folder over.
Even if you can manage to unfold the gasket; lowering and raising the window, re-folds the gasket in on itself.

It could easily have happened on the passenger side as well.
I suspect it came from the factory this way.
The channel goes deep into the door; perhaps the rubber gasket channel position is slightly off inside the door which causes the window to incorrectly fold over the gasket.

Dealer will replace the gasket, part on order.

Anyone else have /had this issue?

Photo of rolled over gasket.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Brownw01

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Walter
Vehicle(s)
15 EB PP Guard
I have a spot on drivers side weather stripping near the rear top. Dealer is going to replace. It comes down in a little "U" about an inch and a half.

Don't have pic yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP

Lakeland-GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
SErik
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Race Red
I was going to get my windows tinted when I noticed an issue with one of the window gaskets. Hadn't noticed it before and probably never would have if I hadn't examined it closely.

Details:
Driver side door,
towards the from of the door (near A pillar),
where the little black plastic triangle sits (near the driver side mirror),
The vertical rubber channel, in which the window slides up and down in, is folded over.

It's only on my driver side, and only the inside window side of the gasket is folder over.
Even if you can manage to unfold the gasket; lowering and raising the window, re-folds the gasket in on itself.

It could easily have happened on the passenger side as well.
I suspect it came from the factory this way.
The channel goes deep into the door; perhaps the rubber gasket channel position is slightly off inside the door which causes the window to incorrectly fold over the gasket.

Dealer will replace the gasket, part on order.

Anyone else have /had this issue?

Photo of rolled over gasket.
Update:
Gasket replaced under warranty.
It's a big rubber triangle with an integrated metal plate that attaches to the door frame.
Sponsored