MidwayJ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Every time I go there are at least a couple cars ahead of me that take FOREVER. I only use the drive thru for picking up prescriptions that I know are ready, and it never takes very long. What the hell are people doing that takes 15-20 minutes? I would never use the drive thru if I thought I needed to take care of something that would take that long. It's gotten to where I go in the store if there are more than 2 cars in line.
Sponsored

04DarkShadowGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Two reasons really.

1 - A lot of customers/people are jerks. They do not respect other peoples time and feel they are owed whatever they want when they want.

2 - Pharmacies are massively understaffed like anywhere else and it just takes longer than normal to get stuff done. That is made 10x worse by customers being jerks and like you said trying to get a script filled while waiting in the drive thru.

In summary, be courteous to people trying help you.

Singed the brother of a pharmacist.

Carbide

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Race Red w/white stripes Shelby GT350
Covid tests.

Deleted member 35644

People not having their sh*t together when they drop off or pick up. 9/10 they're arguing out how to get insurance to cover 100%. Can't you just hear all the griping, all starting with "Well,....."

Understaffing, and incompetent staffing also plays a role. Two days ago, my doc transmitted CVS a prescription right at 9am. When I went to pick it up at 4pm, not ready. The girl helping me was BRAND new, and when the lead pharmacist came to help, he looked straight at me, and yelled out some other guy's name, AND the medication he was waiting for. Ahh, HIPAA compliance at its finest. So, when I was told that I must wait, I sat my ass down in the chair directly facing the pickup counter. It was about 15 minutes. If I thought Walgreens would be any better, I'd switch, but they've probably got all the people that have quit CVS. I miss the days of competent customer service.

The heart of the problem? Too many people on the planet.

OP
OP
MidwayJ

MidwayJ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Covid tests.
Where I go they're no longer doing them in the drive thru, and even when they were they didn't take near as long as some people take for other things.

Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
It's the same as trying to get so called "fast food" - it happens at the Pharmacies too because you have the:

1) not prepared or don't even know what planet they are on let alone why they are even at the drive thru

2) Covid tests as stated - still happening in many locations

3) questions, questions and more questions

4) App-A-Holics and Coupon clippers - you know them, gotta have and use an APP for EVERYTHING or have to find that discount/coupon to present for getting that .05 off their order...

5) Not only picking up prescriptions - also getting schooled on how to take it and the million questions "can I take it with XYZ"...

6) paying with coins or checks

7) adding anything else from the store to their prescription pick up

and.... the list goes on and on....

OP
OP
MidwayJ

MidwayJ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Two reasons really.

1 - A lot of customers/people are jerks. They do not respect other peoples time and feel they are owed whatever they want when they want.

2 - Pharmacies are massively understaffed like anywhere else and it just takes longer than normal to get stuff done. That is made 10x worse by customers being jerks and like you said trying to get a script filled while waiting in the drive thru.

In summary, be courteous to people trying help you.

Singed the brother of a pharmacist.
I don't blame the staff. I'm thinking it's almost entirely clueless customers who don't have any concern whatsoever about holding up the line.

Interceptor

Daily Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 California Special A10
Maybe it is because the drive up is for anybody to use. Maybe everybody in drive through isn't picking up a prescription that was called in and ready. Maybe they are just regular customers?
I see cars in line at fast foods that stretch out of the parking lot. I go inside, order my food, and out of there. Cars are still in the line.

Its the new American way, sit in your car and wait for drive through, instead of going inside.

Deleted member 35644

Maybe it is because the drive up is for anybody to use. Maybe everybody in drive through isn't picking up a prescription that was called in and ready. Maybe they are just regular customers?
I see cars in line at fast foods that stretch out of the parking lot. I go inside, order my food, and out of there. Cars are still in the line.

Its the new American way, sit in your car and wait for drive through, instead of going inside.
I think this is absolutely true. I stopped by Raising Cane's on the way home from work a few nights ago and the line was out the driveway to the parking lot. As I pulled around the side of the building I noticed a white Mustang in line, two cars from the speaker. I went in and got my food and came back out and the Mustang was still in line, one car past the speaker. Laaaaaaaaazzzzzy.

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
Don't do lines any kind, nothing I need requires that waste of time. I'll come back later if it is a must have from xyz .
And always use self check out

Sponsored

key01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 now gone to a great home.
Hey Doc- my arm hurts when I move it in this direction.
Doc- Then don’t move it in that direction

OP
OP
MidwayJ

MidwayJ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase

The drive thru was invented for convenience, so it fails when it becomes inconvenient. I suppose the pharmacies don't want to offend anyone by putting restrictions on what can be done at the drive thru, but anyone who knows they're in for a 20 minute consultation and goes to the drive thru is an inconsiderate a-hole in my book.

Long lines at fast food places are typically at peak times. Everyone is doing the same thing--ordering food and picking it up. You can pretty much guage the wait by how long the line is. Not so with the pharmacy. A short line can still be a long wait.

Interceptor

Daily Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 California Special A10
Well I guess the world isn't perfect yet.
Sponsored