Sponsored

Drag setup guys on boost, how low PSI are you running non-bead lock?

Angrey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
How low can you run (cold starting pressure) without having the tire spin on the wheel and lose it's balance?

I see guys quoting all sorts of pressures.

I'm currently on a set of 555R2 (305/40r18) but have a set of ET Street Rs on the way that I'll run after these wear out.

I'd like to run as low as possible, I have bead knurling on the wheel and we used a heavy dose of tire tack on the install. I just don't want to go through rebalancing the wheels/tires every time it spins them and once it spins it's too late, to the tire shop we go.
Sponsored

wazslow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS
I ran around 20 psi on my 305x45x17 MT Street R's. Went 1.395 60' and I think it can leave harder with more rpm. I did not mark the wheel/tire however to see if it moved.

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
How low can you run (cold starting pressure) without having the tire spin on the wheel and lose it's balance?

I see guys quoting all sorts of pressures.

I'm currently on a set of 555R2 (305/40r18) but have a set of ET Street Rs on the way that I'll run after these wear out.

I'd like to run as low as possible, I have bead knurling on the wheel and we used a heavy dose of tire tack on the install. I just don't want to go through rebalancing the wheels/tires every time it spins them and once it spins it's too late, to the tire shop we go.
What’s been your best sixty, et and mph thus far with the 555R2s?

Andy13186

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 10speed Aluminator Whippled
I just stopped having my drag wheels balanced. I dont have them balanced with any weights because it will just end up being counter productive when the weights move too much (basically doing the opposite of desired affect making the out of balance twice as bad). Didnt notice too much vibration after starting to do this, its not too bad and definitely not as bad as having the weights move relative to the tire. Having the tires move slightly on the rim is kind of a safety buffer for your drivetrain too, and lighter than beadlocks etc.

Last edited:

andrewtac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
mark
Vehicle(s)
F250. 2020 GT 400A
I had high tack on et r, was low 9s. 18-20 psi at the track, never had them spin on the rim. Since gone to beadlocks.
Sponsored