Drag Race Showdown: 2020 GT500 vs Challenger Hellcat Redeye vs Camaro ZL1!

Laststandard

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro 1SS 1LE
Vehicle Showcase
These must be the same people who think 911 never happened and we never landed on the moon.
Quite a few folks over here are convinced that Randy Pobst is a paid GM shill, everyone seems to have their own little tinfoil hat theory.

Yup, and none of the locals call him out on his drivel.
At a certain point it just becomes part of the background noise that gets tuned out. Fanboys will fanboy.

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
Quite a few folks over here are convinced that Randy Pobst is a paid GM shill, everyone seems to have their own little tinfoil hat theory.

At a certain point it just becomes part of the background noise that gets tuned out. Fanboys will fanboy.
Funny thing is, he's on the hellcat forum...and the locals actually do call him out.

likeaboss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Corvette Z51

Yet he praises the GT350 and trashed the C7 Z06's handling.

03CobraVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Cobra
The GT500 looks to be a great performer, but it's at least $15,000+ more expensive than the ZL1. Also, you can get a Redeye for pretty cheap with the power bucks and discounts. That's something that shouldn't be overlooked since these are fast cars that are relatively affordable so price does matter. I would like to see the GT500 and the Redeye face off at the strip, both on drag radials; it'd probably be a pretty close race

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
Sorry to bring him up...last time, but he just posted an epic rant saying the ZL1 is not affected by changes in DA or temperature...and the GT500 is. You can't make this shit up.

https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=544518&page=458

Someone seriously needs to call him out on this. How can the locals allow this?

I would LOVE for this post to be brought up on yellowbullet.

Minn19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
19 ZL1 1LE, 19 F150, 19 SB S5
Sorry to bring him up...last time, but he just posted an epic rant saying the ZL1 is not affected by changes in DA or temperature...and the GT500 is. You can't make this shit up.

https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=544518&page=458

Someone seriously needs to call him out on this. How can the locals allow this?
People have or are you are just selectively reading?

How about you go after your own numerous fanboys here?

You can sign up and go after him. You are the second one here in days asking people to say something to someone on C6G.

Regarding the test, I don't get why a lot of people are surprised by the results. Ford delayed the car coming out (rumor has it because they weren't expecting such strong challenges from Dodge/Chevy). What were you expecting? Ford showed they can make a world class sports car with the GT350. They targeted the competition and pulled the good things from the GT350 to make this an awesome all arounder. Were you guys seriously thinking it wouldn't beat the older Camaro platform and much older Dodge one?

Ford's problem isn't building cars that can perform and look good. The problems come later.

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
People have or are you are just selectively reading?

How about you go after your own numerous fanboys here?

You can sign up and go after him. You are the second one here in days asking people to say something to someone on C6G.

Regarding the test, I don't get why a lot of people are surprised by the results. Ford delayed the car coming out (rumor has it because they weren't expecting such strong challenges from Dodge/Chevy). What were you expecting? Ford showed they can make a world class sports car with the GT350. They targeted the competition and pulled the good things from the GT350 to make this an awesome all arounder. Were you guys seriously thinking it wouldn't beat the older Camaro platform and much older Dodge one?

Ford's problem isn't building cars that can perform and look good. The problems come later.
None of the locals call him out....none. The only folks that do are obviously not camaro folks...and they eventually get banned.

As for our locals, ever heard of the Pill? Those that are similar to the db over at C6 get banned on this very forum.

I'll argue with anyone....doesn't matter where your from or what you drive. I'm sure I made some locals upset in the 7.3L swap discussions.

My arguments though are based off of solid information, not opinions....normally.

As for me signing up, not worth my time. I would get banned within minutes. Unlike this forum, they seem to keep non camaro folks out of the forums...at least when they challenge the db.

roygriffin2020

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Red reincarnated
They should all 3 go to their top speed and see how fast they get there.

Minn19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
None of the locals call him out....none. The only folks that do are obviously not camaro folks...and they eventually get banned.

As for our locals, ever heard of the Pill? Those that are similar to the db over at C6 get banned on this very forum.
Oh yeah, I think the Pill was on one of the BMW forums, that guy legit cracked me up.

Yes they have, @Laststandard today said something to him and a couple others have as well. You are purposely ignoring those comments for some reason.

So what if you get banned, is it really that big of a deal?

Again, you and ton of others here are very silent in regards to your own fanboys, of which this site has the most I've ever seen. So why so concerned about another forum you have no interest in signing up at?

Last, what about my comments in regards to the subject in this thread? Are/were you genuinely surprised the GT500 would win a competition or any drag race against its main competitors like this one? I certainly am not and would of been very surprised if it didn't.

Minn19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
They should all 3 go to their top speed and see how fast they get there.
I don't see how the results would be any different except for maybe swapping the Dodge and ZLE. The ZLE aero slows it down in a race like that. How much, who knows, but it would be a cool race any way.

Edit: The CFTPs aero might as well, again unsure by how much obviously. I still thing it wins that race though.

roygriffin2020

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Red reincarnated
Yet he praises the GT350 and trashed the C7 Z06's handling.
I always thought Randy was a Mustang person and just kinda liked the GM products, like Matt Farah who said the ZLE was faster but still liked the Mustang better. Because the suspension was too stiff and and it hurt his Dunlop Disease.

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
Oh yeah, I think the Pill was on one of the BMW forums, that guy legit cracked me up.

Yes they have, @Laststandard today said something to him and a couple others have as well. You are purposely ignoring those comments for some reason.

So what if you get banned, is it really that big of a deal.

Again, you and ton of others here are very silent in regards to your own fanboys, of which this site has the most I've ever seen. So why so concerned about another forum you have no interest in signing up at?

Last, what about my comments in regards to the subject in this thread? Are/were you genuinely surprised the GT500 would win a competition or any drag race against its main competitors like this one? I certainly am not and would of been very surprised if it didn't.
I'm not concerned, it's pure entertainment. The problem is, you can't debate with the db. He's incapable of rational discussions. I could mention SAE correction, thermodynamic laws or the ideal gas equation....but he is incapable of taking in that information. He's a flat worlder with GT500 derangement syndrome. Notice that he can't admit when he's wrong? No fixing that.

As for fanboys, we all are in some way. I call out things I can debate. If someone thinks Randy Pobst is a double agent working for GM, I can't debate that. I have no information to prove or disprove the theory. Notice when I discuss actual numbers, I am quick to quote articles? I use the information to prove my point.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Im not surprised that it’ll win any type of race against those competitors. Drag, road course, roll race, etc. About the only thing I can agree with the C6 visitors on. Is if it didn’t it would have been a failure. Base on price point. And being 3 to 4 years behind the hellcat and ZL1.

roygriffin2020

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Red reincarnated
I don't see how the results would be any different except for maybe swapping the Dodge and ZLE. The ZLE aero slows it down in a race like that. How much, who knows, but it would be a cool race any way.

Edit: The CFTPs aero might as well, again unsure by how much obviously. I still thing it wins that race though.
Meaning, they should go for more than 1/4 mile. I would go at least a mile. Some cars run out of gas past 140mph. See who is quickest.

GT500 top speed - 180 mph
ZL1 top speed - 202 mph
Redeye top speed - 203 mph

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
Im not surprised that it’ll win any type of race against those competitors. Drag, road course, roll race, etc. About the only thing I can agree with the C6 visitors on. Is if it didn’t it would have been a failure. Base on price point. And being 3 to 4 years behind the hellcat and ZL1.
Which is precisely why I argued (before the GT500 was released) that the base and CFTP will be faster in every way than it's ZL1 and ZL1 1LE counterparts. Failure wouldn't have been a strong enough word if it didn't beat them soundly in every valid performance metric.