Sponsored

Doors, trunk, and hood not aligned

Kahboom

Kahboom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GTPP, Recaros/2014 Explorer Sport 4X4

Passenger door is not aligned and is rubbing when opened. So i am avoiding using the door until it is fixed. Also Trunk is off to the right alot, hood is off to the left alot where is does not like to close or open very well because of it and the driver door is a bit off on the bottom pushed in about a quarter in" on the bottom. :( Love how my car drives just need to get some things sorted out. Tried sending a message to FORDSERVICE so waiting on a response from that. Purchased car at Gaplin ford near LA, which is 130 miles from me. There are closer dealerships so going to have to try them on Monday to see how or what they say.
Sponsored

pa93cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Guard Mustang
What was your build date if you don't mind me asking?

OP
OP
Kahboom

Kahboom

Kahboom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GTPP, Recaros/2014 Explorer Sport 4X4
Build 11/05/14 purchased 11/26/14.

Stingray Steve

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT350 Tech Package
My passenger door rubbed the front fender and was chipped when I purchased it. The fender was slightly recessed as well. I removed the screw closest to the door and used a small washer to shim it. When I tightened the screw I also pushed up slightly on the fender to align the body lines. Now the fender is flush and it no longer rubs. I simply retouched the area with touch up paint and it's all good. Build date is 10/08/14.

Stingray Steve

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mine rubbed right at the body line and the chipped paint was a 1/16 of an inch long at the edge of the door. Unnoticeable now.

Sponsored

Papaya

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Holger
Vehicle(s)
F150 2.7 EcoBoost
Watch your rear bumper where the trunk lid closes. The black cover will "cut" into the paint were it hits the bumper. Happened already on my car. Lots of posts already here: http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13272

BTW. Fender. Do you guys have still the black polyurethane foam in the fenders were the door front passes the fenders? 1st time I am seeing that on new cars. I think that's a spot were the car will start rusting because water, dirt and salt will be collected there. What's with that? :shrug:

blaine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang
im having the same issue. passenger door rubbing on fender. i may try to re-align myself.

Stingray Steve

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well, it's rubbing again :/

GoBlues38

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, Premium, 3.55, 20" Foundry, 6 Spd
OK. I have been critical of some "nit picking" about alignment issues. Your pictures are worse than i was expecting. Hope you get it worked out.

FordService

Ford Customer Care
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang

benni302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red PP GT
Watch your rear bumper where the trunk lid closes. The black cover will "cut" into the paint were it hits the bumper. Happened already on my car. Lots of posts already here: http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13272

BTW. Fender. Do you guys have still the black polyurethane foam in the fenders were the door front passes the fenders? 1st time I am seeing that on new cars. I think that's a spot were the car will start rusting because water, dirt and salt will be collected there. What's with that? :shrug:
Yes! I was wondering this myself- noticed it yesterday when i opened the passenger door for my wife and the door rubbed it slightly making a horrible squeaaakkkyyy sound lol. I just pushed it back up in there lightly.....is it there for internal support in case of impact?
Sponsored