OP
OP
raptorgabe

raptorgabe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0
won't be issue if you're only doing a subwoofer, but if you're doing full range, the processing will effect the sound quality. there is really nothing wrong with going the LOC route, but there is bass roll off as the volume is increased. I got my sub signal right after the acm using one of [MENTION=20927]OEMRadio[/MENTION] harnesses
Hmm yeha this cuts the wires after the stock amp and just wires it through this amp than goes right back to the stock wires so it's not like a ref amp with rcas and all that
Sponsored

Spart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
the larger gauge wires are the output, but you don't want to grab the signal off those, you want the small gauge input wires, they are already a low level signal, however, there is processing from the acm that WILL effect your sound from your new amp, you need to remove the processing, contact Jesse, member [MENTION=20927]OEMRadio[/MENTION] on here or email him at [email protected] to assist in removing the processing
The As-Built changes you need to make to get variable low-level output without the factory DSP have been posted for free.

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1745122&postcount=1299

scott_0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT

scott_0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
You don't? It's free.
quite honestly I personally have no desire to mess with those things, free or not, but I thought I read somewhere you had to buy something to have full access, could be wrong..........:shrug:

Sponsored

Spart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
quite honestly I personally have no desire to mess with those things, free or not, but I thought I read somewhere you had to buy something to have full access, could be wrong..........:shrug:
No, FORScan is free.

You'll have to acquire an adapter to hook your laptop to the car. They can be pretty inexpensive, or at most $90ish if you want the nice ODBLink MX Bluetooth. And it's useful for a lot more than just reconfiguring your audio output.

El_Centenario

5L V8PWR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
'15 Mustang GT Triple Yellow
Personally I went with the harness provided from the link below and it works great! No messing with any wires and it's plug n play to your existing harness and adds RCA outputs. He will soon be shipping the "programmer" to complete your audio needs. Check out his youtube videos for further info.

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=63512

Spart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
The programmer does what can be done for free with FORScan and a modicum of learning.

El_Centenario

5L V8PWR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
The programmer does what can be done for free with FORScan and a modicum of learning.
So your saying I can download the FORScan app and use my bluetooth adapter that I currently use with my Torq app and make the necessary changes that the "programmer" will? I'll try this out when I get home.

scott_0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
No, FORScan is free.

You'll have to acquire an adapter to hook your laptop to the car. They can be pretty inexpensive, or at most $90ish if you want the nice ODBLink MX Bluetooth. And it's useful for a lot more than just reconfiguring your audio output.
again, great info, but as I stated earlier, I have zero........zero interest in messing with these things

great for those that want to go this route

Personally I went with the harness provided from the link below and it works great! No messing with any wires and it's plug n play to your existing harness and adds RCA outputs. He will soon be shipping the "programmer" to complete your audio needs. Check out his youtube videos for further info.

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=63512
same here, less fuss for me personally

Sponsored

Spart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
So your saying I can download the FORScan app and use my bluetooth adapter that I currently use with my Torq app and make the necessary changes that the "programmer" will? I'll try this out when I get home.
If your BT adapter supports MSCAN, yes!

You also have to request a license for FORScan, which is free.

It's not the most user friendly thing in the world, but if you're somewhat technically inclined you'll breeze through it. Read through at least the first post in this thread: http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=61773

Plus there are quite a few other settings on your car you can change that you may be interested in.

El_Centenario

5L V8PWR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Thanks! I just checked and my BT adapter does not work, however I just ordered one that does! I'll definitely check out the link, I think I had seen it before and it did show plenty of things you can customize to your liking.

If your BT adapter supports MSCAN, yes!

You also have to request a license for FORScan, which is free.

It's not the most user friendly thing in the world, but if you're somewhat technically inclined you'll breeze through it. Read through at least the first post in this thread: http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=61773

Plus there are quite a few other settings on your car you can change that you may be interested in.
Sponsored