Sponsored

Door Latch Campaign 21N10

Millarduck

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jack
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT; 2016 Jeep GC Limited; 2014 Honda Accord Touring; former 1966 Mustang Coupe- Sprint Edition
This popped up on my Ford Pass app. I googled this and the only door latch campaign was for 2015 models. I have a 2020. anybody know the details?
BFD3EB53-723A-4D6A-BE0B-44CCFF76B1DD.png
Sponsored

Rotryrkt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost Premium Performance Package
I got it, too. Previous door latch FSAs have been for water intrusion/freezing problems. It hasnā€™t shown up on the NHTSA site yet, so Iā€™m only guessingā€¦
I called the dealer. It's for doors popping open to the safety catch while driving. Open door warning will pop up on the info display. Program is an extended warranty for 10 years or 150,000 miles.

Johnnybee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 convertible
I just looked at my FordPass because I was looking at my oil life, and saw the ! on the recall icon. According to the Ford website, after recall searching my VIN, it showed as a CSP, customer satisfaction program, not something that needs to be done. No way am I taking the car to the dealership when I have never had an issue. They will tell me that the latches need to be replaced and then they will manage to FUBAR the car.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
I just looked at my FordPass because I was looking at my oil life, and saw the ! on the recall icon. According to the Ford website, after recall searching my VIN, it showed as a CSP, customer satisfaction program, not something that needs to be done. No way am I taking the car to the dealership when I have never had an issue. They will tell me that the latches need to be replaced and then they will manage to FUBAR the car.
This was a recall for certain 2015 cars ONLY. The CSP is just for an extension of the original program. I had a 15ā€™, never brought it in and never had the problem.

Sponsored

b52tylar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Beryle
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang
Both doors on my 2016 ragtop popped open to secondary latch (at different times) while on the interstate. My info search found the CSP letter, and my car fits the year/plant/build date boxes, but the dealer tells me my VIN is not in their "OASIS" recall, and that they'll be glad to repair my car for $1078.00. Has anybody actually gotten their doors repaired under this CSP?

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
Both doors on my 2016 ragtop popped open to secondary latch (at different times) while on the interstate. My info search found the CSP letter, and my car fits the year/plant/build date boxes, but the dealer tells me my VIN is not in their "OASIS" recall, and that they'll be glad to repair my car for $1078.00. Has anybody actually gotten their doors repaired under this CSP?
A CSP is not a recall notice. Read this and see if your car fits. I do not think it will but itā€˜s possible your car got the defective parts.
https://media.ford.com/content/ford...sues-two-safety-recalls-in-north-america.html

39AC6401-8E23-454E-B184-57758FE95EE2.jpeg

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Mine did this once, and it's a 2020. So apparently they didn't fix the issue quite as well as they'd like us to think they did.
I'm not worried though. One single occurence in two years isn't that bad.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
Mine did this once, and it's a 2020. So apparently they didn't fix the issue quite as well as they'd like us to think they did.
I'm not worried though. One single occurence in two years isn't that bad.
They had one set of bad parts left in the bin and someone said, "put them in that car going to Romania, they'll never know". :crackup: :cwl:

Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
They must have failed to take into account how much we love our cars and how in tune we are with them. šŸ˜
There's one in every country. Youā€™re it?

Seriously it is highly unlikely the recall problem has anything to do with your car. But should it happen again you might want to have the dealer look at it.

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Oh, yes, I must be. There aren't many things in life I enjoy more than driving. Actually, I can't even think of one. :blush:
But I'm not alone. We all love cars here. Most Romanians would rather give up their first born than their car.

I'm not worried. In fact, since it happened only once in twelve thousand miles, I'm not even sure it wasn't my fault. Who knows, maybe I hadn't closed it firmly enough. I thought I had, but who knows...
Sponsored