Sponsored

Dont ever let anyone valet your car

imbadatthis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
I only valet if they don't move the car.

Even then they can't be trusted not to damage anything...
IMG_20190714_074553.jpg
Sponsored

Demonic

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
Did you discover it or did they fess up to what they did?
Sorry that happened. I'm also interested to hear if they told you or you approached them about it and how the exchange went.

CANTWN4LSN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
An owl took out my lower grill and cracked the splitter and bumper cover. Around 3 grand all said and done, re-doing PPF extra.

TaraFirma

Wait.....Wut?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 GT, 17 GT350, 19 GT, 65 coupe, 13 F-150, 14 Porsche Panamera eHybrid
Get diminished value too as now your car will have a body shop repair on it’s permanent records.

mustang1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Yes, if the tabs are broken, it's toast. It's going to cost. I wouldn't report it to the insurance company if possible, I would get the valet company to pay for the repair. Facia, labor, paint, stripes...... It's going to cost. An insurance claim will.show up on the carfax and it will appear that it was in an accident. Diminished value could be a player. Have the valet company to pay for it and don't let the body shop report the cars VIN.
New bumper may not make carfax but if it does, DV will still be minimal. If carfax shows structural damage or airbags deployed, then DV will be a consideration.

Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
New bumper may not make carfax but if it does, DV will still be minimal. If carfax shows structural damage or airbags deployed, then DV will be a consideration.
I wouldn't want anything like that on my carfax period. You are probably right, but this poor guy got screwed by a valet. I would want zero repercussions from something like this.

OP
OP
Cpove

Cpove

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Corey
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 2017 F150
Did you discover it or did they fess up to what they did?
actually this was the worst part....They tried to cover it up by marking the car had damage on the front bumper on the valet ticket...and also tried to hurry us along hoping me and my buddy would leave quickly. It was lucky actually that he thought the dude was acting weird and decided to have a smoke and look over the car then noticed it. After that the manager came out questioned the valet parker and he claimed the reason he marked down that it had front end damage was that he was marking the windshield damage (my windshield is cracked its alberta they all are) and not the bumper.. He still couldnt explain where the front damage came from and he was the only person who drove my car.

OP
OP
Cpove

Cpove

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Corey
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 2017 F150
Cool, The Canadian Rockies are the most beautiful place I've ever been! Would give my left nut to drive a GT350 from Calgary to Jasper!
im picking it back up on tuesday from bc...and will be driving an even nicer highway home... The crowsnest to calgary!

Demonic

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
actually this was the worst part....They tried to cover it up by marking the car had damage on the front bumper on the valet ticket...and also tried to hurry us along hoping me and my buddy would leave quickly. It was lucky actually that he thought the dude was acting weird and decided to have a smoke and look over the car then noticed it. After that the manager came out questioned the valet parker and he claimed the reason he marked down that it had front end damage was that he was marking the windshield damage (my windshield is cracked its alberta they all are) and not the bumper.. He still couldnt explain where the front damage came from and he was the only person who drove my car.
Man that's scary. Makes you wonder what stops a valet from being able to mark the damage card after they damage something. Guessing you don't have a dash cam?

OP
OP
Cpove

Cpove

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Corey
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 2017 F150
Man that's scary. Makes you wonder what stops a valet from being able to mark the damage card after they damage something. Guessing you don't have a dash cam?
my next purchase after this nonsense

Sponsored

datadatum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT350
How painful!!! I'm super careful as well, after two bad experiences when I lived in Chicago in the late '90s. Made it 20 years without using a valet until my wedding anniversary a few years ago in St. Augustine, FL.

I let the valet park my RS4 in the hotel lot. Figured they could handle the 60 foot drive while I watched them. Overnight, somebody tried to steal the wheels in the hotel lot, jacking the car on the rockerpanel. Dumbass didn't know the car came from the factory with built in jackpads. The tip-alarm went off and the thief skedaddled... but not before running off with one lug-bolt and damaging the paint on the underside of the rocker.

:curse:

Deleted member 35644

I might laugh myself breathless if someone suggested that I turn my GT350 (if I had one) over to a valet. I won't even valet an Ecoboost. I park down the street & walk to the venue, Uber, or I don't go. Sorry your car got F'd up. Just assume the worst if you are ever put in the position of valet-ing your car again.

03reptile

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
Been there/done that with the 718... I decided to park 1/2 mile away which did not sit well with the wife when I was faced with a valet park that I did not feel good about. It is a tough decision.
Funny! I skirt the "walking" issue with my wife by dropping her off at the front of the restaurant and then go park the car myself. Happy wife, happy life! I don't use valets either. Hell, many of them don't know how to shift a manual. The mind boggles!
Sponsored