Sponsored

Does your Gen 3 Coyote V8 have oil consumption?

Offshoregames

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
21’ GT Premium PP1 Carbonized Grey Metallic loaded
Vehicle Showcase
2021 with no burn at all. Had my first my oil change since purchasing it new about 2000 miles ago, oil level is same place whenever I check it which is once a week. 5500 total miles. First oil change was at 3500.
Sponsored

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
When I had my Porsche 997S back in the day, that car was using 1 litre every 1500 miles. I was concerned about the IMS issue with the 911. My car was an 07 so they told me that wasn't an issue. However, Porsche also said that this was normal for the oil consumption.

Ice445 I think the 1 litre every 500 miles was for the GT350 when tracking the car, right?
Yeah but it applies to the GT as well. So in theory you could be turned away for "poor driving habits"

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado & Nissan Sentra SE
Yeah but it applies to the GT as well. So in theory you could be turned away for "poor driving habits"
Hello; Perhaps, but the oil consumption issue also is some level of problem for F-150's with the Gen III Coyote. I think I linked a Ford TSB on that in this thread a while back. If not I have it saved somewhere.

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1 6MT Rapid Red

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1 6MT Rapid Red
Hello; Perhaps, but the oil consumption issue also is some level of problem for F-150's with the Gen III Coyote. I think I linked a Ford TSB on that in this thread a while back. If not I have it saved somewhere.

Yea all the did is change out the dipstick to where the low level is farther down the stick.

Sponsored

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado & Nissan Sentra SE
Yea all the did is change out the dipstick to where the low level is farther down the stick.
Hello; Yes that was one part. The other thing done was to reprogram the throttle body so it does not close all the way when coasting with your foot off the gas. That was to reduce the vacuum in the intake manifold is the way I took it. Something to do with the new plasma steel lining of the cylinders being hard and the rings taking a long time to seat.
The good news might be once the rings do seat the oil consumption will be less or maybe stop. All depends on if the hard cylinder liner and ring seating is the issue.

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Hello; Yes that was one part. The other thing done was to reprogram the throttle body so it does not close all the way when coasting with your foot off the gas. That was to reduce the vacuum in the intake manifold is the way I took it. Something to do with the new plasma steel lining of the cylinders being hard and the rings taking a long time to seat.
The good news might be once the rings do seat the oil consumption will be less or maybe stop. All depends on if the hard cylinder liner and ring seating is the issue.
I noticed consumption decrease over time. It seems like the vast majority of it only happens if I'm playing in the high RPM range often.

Mike Pfeifer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red Mustang GT A10
I noticed consumption decrease over time. It seems like the vast majority of it only happens if I'm playing in the high RPM range often.
Consumption will decrease over time as the components wear in. As an example, BMW states that consumption should only be checked once a vehicle has accumulated 10,000 miles, because of this fact. They have a service bulletin for oil consumption with specs for what’s allowable for various engines, and it’s not great. It’s in line with what is being said here.

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
In the euro handbook, Ford have quoted 3000 miles (but no mention of expected or maximum oil usage) :like:

WD :like:

Dfeeds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
1997 Mustang (5.0 HO swap), 2019 Mustang GT PP1
Don't forget about the pcv valve. Mine failed in <15k miles and I know others have as well. It caused a drastic increase in oil consumption.

Sponsored

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Don't forget about the pcv valve. Mine failed in <15k miles and I know others have as well. It caused a drastic increase in oil consumption.
Valid. I replaced mine for giggles at around 5K miles, and I have a spare new one in the package as well. The new one has a different design to it, it looks slightly more restrictive.

Dfeeds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
1997 Mustang (5.0 HO swap), 2019 Mustang GT PP1
Valid. I replaced mine for giggles at around 5K miles, and I have a spare new one in the package as well. The new one has a different design to it, it looks slightly more restrictive.
When did you replace it? I swapped mine out last year and it looked identical (MY 2019) I wonder if they made a change because of high failure rate.
Sponsored