NoahsArk117

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Noah
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT California Special
Hey Everyone,

I went to grab something out of my trunk and noticed the warm up idle sounded bit off. I've put a link to a short video of the idle sound at the exhaust below, please excuse the talking in the background. This was our first sub 70 degree weather weekend in Michigan in a while so maybe it's the colder temperature? This was while the cylinder head temps were around 150-160 degrees so it was still warming up. She drives fine and I haven't had any issues at all, just wanted to see if this sounded weird at all to anyone. I also noticed a lot of water under where the H-Pipe sits after idling for about 15 minutes. I tend to be a bit paranoid of slight changes like this, so apologies if this is just an overreaction.

Video of Idle:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/psu6pKDEfxgb8bUs7
Sponsored

#1ford

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2021 mustang gt premium convertble antimatter blue
Vehicle Showcase
Sounds great

NeedForGreen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Sounds fine to me. As far as the H pipe and water goes you're always going to have small leaks where the brackets are. Only way to prevent it, is to get it welded.

JakeLethal

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jake
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 RCSB 5.0
Hey Everyone,

I went to grab something out of my trunk and noticed the warm up idle sounded bit off. I've put a link to a short video of the idle sound at the exhaust below, please excuse the talking in the background. This was our first sub 70 degree weather weekend in Michigan in a while so maybe it's the colder temperature? This was while the cylinder head temps were around 150-160 degrees so it was still warming up. She drives fine and I haven't had any issues at all, just wanted to see if this sounded weird at all to anyone. I also noticed a lot of water under where the H-Pipe sits after idling for about 15 minutes. I tend to be a bit paranoid of slight changes like this, so apologies if this is just an overreaction.

Video of Idle:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/psu6pKDEfxgb8bUs7

Sounds okay to me. Just let her get up to temp if you're a little concerned by the weather. If you hear that "tick", normally is just the infamous coyote tick lol.

OP
OP
NoahsArk117

NoahsArk117

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Noah
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT California Special
Sounds okay to me. Just let her get up to temp if you're a little concerned by the weather. If you hear that "tick", normally is just the infamous coyote tick lol.
Thanks for the input. Is it normal for idle exhaust tones to change throughout the year as the temperature shifts?
Sponsored