Sponsored

Does DIB look purple?

Mspeedster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 Deep Impact Blue Track Pak
In person it's not really purple, it's most definitely deep blue unless you are slightly color blind. And I'm not saying that to be rude, I know a lot of people have issues in the deep blue / purple area of the color spectrum.

Wouldn't surprise me that it could look purplish in the right lighting though, which is a different story. Under the lights in parking decks my dad's Grabber Orange looks straight up yellow, and under street lamps my White Platinum looks very silver. This stuff happens!
True statement. Different people's eyes can perceive color differently. Just like different cameras can capture color differently or different screens will display color differently.

So the true answer is in the eye of the beholder.
Sponsored

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
As an owner of a DIB Blue Coupe and now a Lightning Blue Convertible. I would say that the purple hues were not dominant in the DIB. It definitely looked blue to me most of the time. It is a darker color and has similar traits to a black car.... looks sexy at night and during sunset....It really is a bold striking blue color. I loved it. The one thing I didn't like is the dirt, pollen, etc that showed up immediately after cleaning it. I was actually sad at first that I had to give the color up as they discontinued it. But now that I have the lightning blue I am really loving it as well. It has such a morphing effect depending upon the lighting.. almost hour to hour. Plus black accents stand out much better vs the darker Kona or DIB.. you almost have to go silver or white with accent stripes etc... Kona is my least favorite as it is a much darker blue and leans more toward having a black car.

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Iona is my favorite simply because of how sexy it looks in daylight

jake_zx2

Banned