Sponsored

Does anyone recognize this spoiler?

Alponcho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT Premium
Does anyone recognize the spoiler on the deckled of this wreck? I'm replacing the deck lid on a white '19 GT Premium with this one, and considering whether to use this black spoiler or swap it out with the original white one that's on the car now. Looks like an OEM raised blade, but maybe something else OEM, or aftermarket. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
decklid.jpg
View attachment 486195
Sponsored

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
isn't that the California Special spoiler? Or a knockoff?

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
Looks like the stock GT blade spoiler from 15-17, not sure if it was on the 18+ cars.

OP
OP

Alponcho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT Premium
Looks like the stock GT blade spoiler from 15-17, not sure if it was on the 18+ cars.
I agree it looks like a stock GT blade spoiler, but what confused me is that it's black rather than body color like on my '19. Were they delivered in black from 15-17? More generally, what is the difference between 15-17 blade spoilers and the later ones?

Last edited:

jbanh100

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jackie
Vehicle(s)
2021 Tesla Model 3 Performance
Probably the stock spoiler on the Black Accent Package cars. Mine was a black accent package 2019 and looked like that.

Sponsored

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
I agree it looks like a stock GT blade spoiler, but what confused me is that it's black rather than body color like on my '19. Were they delivered in black from 15-17? More generally, what is the difference between 15-17 blade spoilers and the later ones?
Never really paid any attention on the later ones, just thought it was either a delete or the raised PP one. If the 18+ cars still have the Blade as an option, it'd be the same design.

Black for black accent pack cars like mentioned above.

OP
OP

Alponcho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT Premium
Well, I guess I'll know soon enough. Deckled should be here in a few days. I'm just really hoping it's not an aftermarket spoiler with holes in non-factory locations.

Geosh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Looks just like the stock one that was on my 2019

OP
OP

Alponcho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT Premium
If it's a factory spoiler, I'll have to decide whether to use it, or switch it out with the white one that's on my car, or go with something else...maybe the GT350 track pack spoiler. My concern is that it's a flimsy aftermarket spoiler and the holes are drilled in spots that are different from factory holes. If this is the case, my options are much more limited (and more expensive).

Geosh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
If it's a factory spoiler, I'll have to decide whether to use it, or switch it out with the white one that's on my car, or go with something else...maybe the GT350 track pack spoiler. My concern is that it's a flimsy aftermarket spoiler and the holes are drilled in spots that are different from factory holes. If this is the case, my options are much more limited (and more expensive).
I wouldn’t worry about it. The black looks good on white, and it can’t be flimsy because it is so small and flush mounted to the decklid anyway. Plus, it looks exactly like the stock one and I don’t think people have bothered to knock those off with all the other more popular options out there.

Sponsored

Dadillac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost Premium manual
GT black appearance package spoiler. The Ecoboost black appearance package spoiler is a flat piece of shit that doesn't even span the width of the trunk lid.

Don

OP
OP

Alponcho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT Premium
The deck lid arrived, however, it is not the one in the photo I was promised. How do I know? It has no spoiler! Was a little miffed at first, but this may work out well. Not only will I be getting a partial refund, but the door is now opened to other spoiler options. The car is actually a gift for my son, and I suspect he might prefer something a little more aggressive looking. Ideas?

Last edited:
OP
OP

Alponcho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT Premium
Decklid was a different color, didn’t notice in the photo. so rather then spending time stripping old paint, having to drill holes for spoiler, etc., I sent it back, and bought a new one from Ford. Had it painted and reinstalled the stock GT spoiler. Glad that project is finished!

OP
OP

Alponcho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT Premium
Well, almost finished. The factory decklid trim panel was cracked, so I bought a take-off replacement on eBay (on July 7). It shipped right aways, but after 10 days, it's still not here...always happens with USPS for some reason. Anyways, I have to finish the car today, so I called around town to try to find the Ford Performance decklid cover (the plain one without the badge), but no one had one in stock. The other option was a new OEM one with the GT badge--but $800 is silly. So drove an hour to pick up a nice used piece I found on CL. It's off a '17, so slight difference, but at least she'll be buttoned up when I hand my son the keys.
Sponsored