Sponsored

Does anyone meet up in the MD area anymore?

HAVOC_5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
Not talking about going to Hunt Valley Horsepower, Cars and Coffee, or Katie's in VA....

Just seems like the entire "scene" has died..
Sponsored

Biggsy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP, '10 Tundra
There is a Mustang Club of Maryland on FB where they do charity events and social events. There is also a Beltway Mustang Club and Frederick club. Not sure about anything else that isnā€™t Mustang specific. I think there is a general Dulles meet also.

OP
OP
HAVOC_5.0

HAVOC_5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
I don't have FB, IG, SnatchChat, TikTok, or anything else these "kids" are into nowadays. Just weird that no one wants to even meet up at a damn BK or McDonald's or Checkers like they use to.

So it's either I drive around and see people, or it's word of mouth from someone else.

Chola

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rajarajan
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord 2005. 2019 Mustang GT PP1 6MT
I'd be willing to attend if there is any meet along the I-95 corridor or nearby. I am in Laurel - midway between the DC and Baltimore beltways. Have been a mustang owner for 3 1/2 years but havent gone to any car meet.

OP
OP
HAVOC_5.0

HAVOC_5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
We use to meet up in Beltsville on Saturday nights and go out and play on 50...that was years ago though. Just figured with how many people are out there there would be something going on.

Sponsored

Biggsy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP, '10 Tundra
I think there are several meets aside from the big ones you mentioned but unfortunately if you donā€™t have social media itā€™s hard to know whats going on. Not saying itā€™s impossible but definitely harder.

OP
OP
HAVOC_5.0

HAVOC_5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
Yeah, it's just too much. SM has ruined lives and people in general. A few friends of mine have asked how I quit and I told them it's amazing once you do. You really don't realize how much stuff you miss out on going down a 4 hour TikTok rabbit hole.

Outside of that both of our race cars are still waiting on parts so going back to the track hasn't happened yet.

Wonder if we could "arrange" a meet with the people who are here and "active". I still have a few buddies in the LS world who still go out, just have to watch for the idiots who like to ruin meets.

DadzMach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1
Yeah, it's just too much. SM has ruined lives and people in general. A few friends of mine have asked how I quit and I told them it's amazing once you do. You really don't realize how much stuff you miss out on going down a 4 hour TikTok rabbit hole.

Outside of that both of our race cars are still waiting on parts so going back to the track hasn't happened yet.

Wonder if we could "arrange" a meet with the people who are here and "active". I still have a few buddies in the LS world who still go out, just have to watch for the idiots who like to ruin meets.
I know they have a cars and coffee in Damascus every Saturday from 9-11. I am looking for people as well. I live in the Rockville area and would be willing to drive some to meet up. I know there is also a group that meets up in Southern Md. Tom Billings who runs the BMR Registry does meetups as well. He did one last Sunday.

COBRAFREAK1996

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shelby GT350
I'm over near Frederick and the New Market Cars and Coffee is pretty big Sunday mornings. Also the Home Depot over in Eldersburg Saturdays starting around 4pm.

DadzMach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1
I'm over near Frederick and the New Market Cars and Coffee is pretty big Sunday mornings. Also the Home Depot over in Eldersburg Saturdays starting around 4pm.
Iā€™ll have to try to make it. Your only about 30 minutes from me.

Sponsored

19gtMD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aj
Vehicle(s)
19 Gt premium
We have a cars and coffee down here in SOMD.. Its every other sunday. I know the organizer has a facebook page, and good thing is you dont have to joint to see when things are happening. They are typically really good. Lots of nice cars, trucks, and Mustangs to see. I just looked and the next one is May 14th from 8-11 45315 Alton Lane, California MD.

OP
OP
HAVOC_5.0

HAVOC_5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
The Saturday Eldersburg meets at Home Depot are fun but "boring" at times. I live 10 minutes from there and I frequent it when I can. Older crowd which is nice and very clean older muscle cars.

COBRAFREAK1996

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shelby GT350
I will say the time I went was a slow evening so yeah I can see that. Would be nice to get a bigger Mustang crowd together somewhere. There's the Frederick Mustangs Facebook group as well. They had a meetup planned Saturday night but it was rained out. Because the weekend seems to be the only time it wants to rain lately. Looks like there were a couple of Shelby's at the New Market Cars and Coffee Sunday morning.

HKusp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT

COBRAFREAK1996

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shelby GT350
I'll have to remember that one. I was at New Market and there were a few mustangs there but seems a lot smaller than previous weekends based on Facebook posts. Rode up to Green Turtle in Westminster and there were a fair number of mustangs. Still no 350s though. I can't seem to catch up with any around here. :angry:
Sponsored