Sponsored

Does anyone else’s CarPlay not work half the time?

AnthonyA1234

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt, 1992 Mustang GT
Ever since I got the car I’ll have my phone plugged in and CarPlay will either work or it will cut in and out constantly between CarPlay and sync. A lot of times the car won’t even go into car play. Does this happen to anyone else? It’s very annoying.
Sponsored

GRNMSTA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt
Not regularly (I use the the CPLAY2AIR dongle), but when it does, I just force restart the infotainment system by holding power+fwd seek buttons and it kicks right in after rebooting.

OP
OP
AnthonyA1234

AnthonyA1234

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
Not regularly (I use the the CPLAY2AIR dongle), but when it does, I just force restart the infotainment system by holding power+fwd seek buttons and it kicks right in after rebooting.
I’ll try that!

dupp403

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT premium (6spd)
My car does that if I use the usb under the radio. Works almost flawlessly if I use the usb in the center console.

The Demon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 N5809, 2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Vehicle Showcase
I’m not sure if this is everybody but CarPlay will not turn on unless you unlock your phone.

Sponsored

The Demon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Settings > CarPlay > [Car] > Allow CarPlay While Locked
I didn’t know that that was there. I will take a look in the morning and turn that on. I don’t suppose that there’s another option where you can use Fordpass and CarPlay at the same time. It always tells you you have to turn off CarPlay to use the FordPass. Another reason I deleted it. Besides the fact it didn’t work at all.

Traffic22

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 Raptor, 2011 Ford CV Lemons Race Car
I have a F150 and a new Mach and this happens in both from time to time. I’ve always just chalked it up to a software glitch. Sync boots up weird from time to time as well. The soft rest mentioned above takes about 10 seconds and resolves the problem every time for me.

JohnnyGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'20 Mustang GT, '17 Expedition, '04 LS430
So I've complained about this before: same experience you have. It started a year or so later after owning. Happens with 2 phones. Can start to work by unplugging then re-plugging both in the phone and the 2 USB ports. Sometimes it took resetting the radio.

A couple months ago I noticed how lint filled my data/charge port was; on the phone. I cleaned it out and it's been 100% working since. The other phone that caused it isn't the picture anymore so I can't reconfrim.

Chomperr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT ; 2016 Mustang V6 (Sold)
Happens to me all the time and I’ve done everything everyone has suggested on the various threads about the issue.

1. must use the usb in the center console
2. If CarPlay refuses to start or stay on then a master reset through sync3 settings fixes it. Annoying to change settings back but it works.

Sponsored

CarbonZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
It's very picky with cables. After a lot of searching this cable was recommended over and over again.

https://a.co/iu9rFFu

Works, havnt had a single disconnect in over a year since...plugged into center console.

OP
OP
AnthonyA1234

AnthonyA1234

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
It's very picky with cables. After a lot of searching this cable was recommended over and over again.

https://a.co/iu9rFFu

Works, havnt had a single disconnect in over a year since...plugged into center console.
My phone has a lightning port not a usb-c, do you know of a good cable that would work with my phone?

The Demon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Settings > CarPlay > [Car] > Allow CarPlay While Locked
I forgot to get back to you on this. My car does not have that option. I’m a 2019, I’m not sure if it’s something they added for 2020 but I’ve done all the updates and I have to have my phone unlocked for Apple CarPlay to come on. Once it’s on the phone can lock and no problem.

CarbonZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
My phone has a lightning port not a usb-c, do you know of a good cable that would work with my phone?
No I didn't check for that when I was searching. Tons of cars have the same issue though for carplay/ android auto .. if you do a broad Google search for disconnects with the cable you need, prob come up with something good.

Ballistica

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
I ditched the cord due to the same issues and went with a wireless CarPlay adaptor. It automatically connects when I start the car and I get full CarPlay on the screen with all the functionality and no lag. Haven't had any issues with it. I have it connected with the USB in the center console and it essentially gives the Mustang wireless CarPlay.

https://a.co/d/0utFQJ3
Sponsored