Sponsored

Do you use rustproofing?

Monopoly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2012 Civic Si
Hey guys got my car all setup for the end of winter. Planning on selling my Civic Si in a few weeks and going down to one car.

Thinking about getting Krown rustproof this week for the first time. I've done it on pretty much every other car ive owned and had great results. Even with cars that had rust bought used it seemed to really slow the rusting process.

Anyone else use this? Don't really like the idea of getting holes drilled but it hasn't failed me yet!
20200314_200716.jpg
Sponsored

ABPP2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang GT PP2
I worked for rust check for years. It is a great product and as you said getting the doors drilled kinda sucks but if you are using the car year around it’s worth it. With my personal experience and knowledge I’d stay away from any wax type and or any kind of drying product (the kinds the dealers will try to sell you as well) those usually look good but all the rust/corrosion is hidden by it and trapping the moisture in.

OP
OP
Monopoly

Monopoly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I worked for rust check for years. It is a great product and as you said getting the doors drilled kinda sucks but if you are using the car year around it’s worth it. With my personal experience and knowledge I’d stay away from any wax type and or any kind of drying product (the kinds the dealers will try to sell you as well) those usually look good but all the rust/corrosion is hidden by it and trapping the moisture in.
Thanks! Good to know I'll pay the $120 a year and get it oil sprayed from now on.

The car is almost new condition right now but I can't take storing it anymore. She needs to be driven!

Jordan31

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Premium manual, 2006 Mazda 3 unpremium manual
I've taken my Mustang to Krown both years that I've owned it...
Drilling holes doesn't bother me too much, other than when thinking where the drill broke through the paint, it could get moisture after washing your car.

You could just spray under and around the plastic plugs with fluid film or something.

I know Krown works though. My 06 Mazda winter car was nice 6 years ago, I never had it Krowned, and now its rusting into pieces. I have to take it to the junk yard this year.

My parents have an 06 F150, Krowned every year, and it still looks new underneath and outside.

Wittbrij

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2014 Ford Flex Ecoboost, 2013 Focus ST, 1995 Jeep Wrangler
+1 on fluid film. I've been using it for years on every car. Holds up better than my grandfather's use of used motor oil spray. Much better for the planet.

Sponsored

Jordan31

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Premium manual, 2006 Mazda 3 unpremium manual
+1 on fluid film. I've been using it for years on every car. Holds up better than my grandfather's use of used motor oil spray. Much better for the planet.
I tried to get Fluid film when I did my springs, but it was sold out at Canadian Tire.
I tried an alternative called 'Honey Goo'... I sprayed basically every bolt, and every metal part under the car while I was under there
Whole car smelled great, but its sticky in comparison to Fluid Film haha.

OP
OP
Monopoly

Monopoly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Its Krowned. Thanks all. Unfortunately due to this unforeseen circumstances I've decided to keep the Si for now till it's a better time to list it online.

I did get a chance to drive the Mustang in snow. It handles like a champ! The Blizzak ws80s I bought do a great job.
20200323_092855.jpg

Johnnybee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 convertible
Late to the party but have had mine Krown’d as well, and riding on Nokian R3 235/55-17 standard Ecoboost rims for the winter.

DrZed

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cam
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT PP1 M6
It is my understanding that every rust proofing product, except "Corrosion Free" causes rubber to swell. Meaning if it gets on a bushing, door seal, anything rubber it will cause it to deform. I've seen this first hand. I would rather a product that can fully coat all the suspension components.

The Canadian Military did a study some time ago and Corrosion Free ranked far above Krown (second). The only thing is that CF dealers (Generally Canadian Tire and small shops) do NOT drill holes. They've explained to me the tools they use will get into most factory drain holes etc.

https://corrosionfree.com/wp-conten...t-of-Defence-Report-Highlighted-Text-copy.pdf

I'm going with CF, though was a staunch Krown supporter for years until I really started paying attention to the rubber thing.

A second thought: Many people have told me that weekly washing your car in winter and NOT storing it in a warm environment at night is actually the best way to prevent it from rusting.

Let's keep this discussion going!

Johnnybee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 convertible
I’ve been using Krown for years and never noted any issues with rubber.

scotty

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Fifth year with Krown on this car, countless years on other cars and never had issues with any rubber swelling.
Sponsored