Do you Own JR377?

svttim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
From a Team Shelby thread. Let me know and I will put you in touch

Hello all,

Recently, I came across the owners supplement box for chassis number JR377 while trying to acquire the supplement box for the 2018 GT350 I bought last year. I believe the car has changed ownership at least once and am hoping that by the time the car settles into subsequent hands, it might have fallen into the garage of a real Shelby enthusiast whom would perhaps be a member on this forum. It's sad how some old owners just cast it aside or never offer it to the new buyer...

In any event, if anyone knows this car or owner please contact me as I want to get it to them. There is no charge for it, just freight.

Thank you in advance.☺
Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Best of luck. I found the previous owner of my original '16 track pack and passed the owners kit along to him.

Hope it works out

Caustic Cobra

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350, 1965 Sunbeam Mk-1A, Kirkham 289 FIA
I would first like to thank svttim (Tim) for helping out with this request from the Team Shelby Forum and introducing me to Mustang6G, in which I am now a member. What a great source for the Mustang community.

I would be grateful for the help of any member here who could potentially assist in getting the owner's supplement box to the current owner of JR377. I have had it at my house for a bit now and truthfully don't want to throw it away as it sits here collecting dust and taking up space. So if anybody could lend a helping hand, I would greatly appreciate it. Please do hesitate to contact me if you have any questions...

Kindest Regards,
Michael

Deleted member 37397

Zero luck finding G3621’s display. Y’all are great doing what you’re doing to pass the stuff along

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
I would first like to thank svttim (Tim) for helping out with this request from the Team Shelby Forum and introducing me to Mustang6G, in which I am now a member. What a great source for the Mustang community.

I would be grateful for the help of any member here who could potentially assist in getting the owner's supplement box to the current owner of JR377. I have had it at my house for a bit now and truthfully don't want to throw it away as it sits here collecting dust and taking up space. So if anybody could lend a helping hand, I would greatly appreciate it. Please do hesitate to contact me if you have any questions...

Kindest Regards,
Michael
Really nice to hear what you are trying to do here as the new owner will be very happy with your efforts and intent in the end.:clap::clap:

Back in 2016 I purchased GR107 from a Ford dealership in the PNW and subsequently received an offer from an individual who was a collector and also an owner for a Ford dealership in Seattle after which time I let the car go.

I did not have the Shelby Owners Kit at the time but promised to forward it to him when it arrived.

Once it arrived the owner would not return my calls and then found out later that he had sold the car with the owner/dealership not giving me any contact information for the new owner.

I then did what you have done and posted on our forum a couple of times with not success therefore just left things alone for ~2 years.

Shortly after relocating to the Phoenix area from S.C. in 2019 I was watching the Mecum Glendale auction on TV and noticed Lot #S45.1 being shown with the camera panning in on the radio delete plate and then said to my wife how many 2016 SB with Black OTT Base R's are out there and suggested that might be my old car?:inspect:

The following week I called a person who I know in Walworth and said to him that if I give him a VIN for a 2016 GT350R would he confirm that the car sold the week earlier in Glendale was actually my old car and also mentioned to him about the owners kit that I had for GR107 therefore the reason for my call.

The individual that I spoke with looked up the sold car and then said that I had just hit the jackpot and could not believe that this was a possible match and proceeded to take down all of my new contact information for the new owner in order to make contact with me.

Once the new owner from Phoenix arrived at my door step which is not far from where he lived he could not believe the chance of getting the original Shelby GT350R Owners Kit for his car especially with me residing right in his own back yard and a long ways from where the car was originally sold being up in the PNW.

Not only did I provide him with the unopened 2016 Shelby GT350 Owners Kit for his car but he also got the original Window Sticker and original Bill of Sale for the car as he deserved to have everything that I could provide to him.

Bottom line is do not give up on these type of goodwill gestures and suggest that sooner or later you will make contact with the new owner of JR377 and no question he will be ecstatic with the owners kit and your kind gesture.

Good Luck!!
DSCF1669.JPG
GR107.JPG

Sponsored

Caustic Cobra

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
PP0001,

Wow, that is an amazing story and a grand gesture on your part. What are the odds of you watching Mecum at that exact time is truly remarkable. Thanks for sharing that.

At the end of the day, I know I would have been thrilled to have someone reach out to me and offer the owners kit for a used car I had purchased. In my opinion, it's just the right thing to do and the reason it is collecting dust here at my home.

On a side note, I bought my 2018 GT350 in 2019. After searching for quite some time, I found the car I'd been searching for at a Ford dealership in Texas as a trade in and found that it had been purchased new from that dealer as well. Funny thing, the original owner of the car did not want to give up the owners box. He said it was a personal item and wanted to keep it for memory's sake as a desk ornament. Unfortunately, the dealership had to buy the box back from him in order to complete the sale with me as I had no interest in the car without it.

Anyway, people never cease to amaze me...just nutty. I'll hold on to the JR377 box in the hopes like you, that it finds it's way home to the current owner. LOL...maybe I'll start watching every Mecum and Barrett Jackson from here on out! :cwl:

Michael

Caustic Cobra

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
Zero luck finding G3621’s display. Y’all are great doing what you’re doing to pass the stuff along
Thanks for the kind words. Just trying to pay it forward, as I would really appreciate the gesture if I were in another person's shoes. Let's hope we can find it!

Michael

tracktardicus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Toyota 86
Do you have the VIN? That might narrow down the region and dealership where it was sold. You might be able to follow the breadcrumbs via the interwebs to find the current owner.

Deleted member 37397

Do you have the VIN? That might narrow down the region and dealership where it was sold. You might be able to follow the breadcrumbs via the interwebs to find the current owner.
Yeah I called the original selling dealer too, offered him my info if he would contact them on my behalf. Never heard anything

Caustic Cobra

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
Well, I have some good news. With the hard work and diligence of SVTTIM, I think we have found the owner to JR377 on the Team Shelby Forum. Not sure how he managed, but I intend to find out...:clap:. I will keep you posted.

Magnetic, thank you for your help as well. I guess as they say, "it takes a village."

Michael

Sponsored

Tonymustang302

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2017 Turbo GT, 2019 GT350 racecar, 2021 GT500
@PP0001, do you know the total number of leadfoot grey R’s that were built in 2018?

Tonymustang302

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2017 Turbo GT, 2019 GT350 racecar, 2021 GT500

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
thanks..... jesus, 8 grabber blue r’s no stripe and 22 LF grey no stripes......crap
My records show that there were 27 Grabber Blue R's built in 2017.

Of that total 10 cars had White stripes, 8 cars had Black stripes and 9 cars had no OTT stripes.

Also 11 of the 27 GB cars had a painted Black roof as well.

Of the 27 cars produced 24 cars came with the Electronics Package and 3 were Base R's with only 1 Grabber Blue car going up to Canada.

:)

Wildcardfox

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
I’m in-between cars
I can narrow down the Lead numbers even more because there was a number left out.

Ford Performance said there were 107 total

Of which

5 had white stripes
79 had black stripes
23 had no stripes
And 27 had a painted black roof

The problem arises with how many had no stripes and a black roof?
I had to pull connections to find the answer.

so the further breakdown is:

13 have no stripes and a black roof.

So 10 have no stripes and no black roof.
Sponsored