Sponsored

Do you have proper track etiquette????

thelostotter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GTPP
I have, all of them in fact.

One of the organizations here has started doing a few open track days on Fridays that are limited to around 20 cars. Open track for 4-5 hours. Costs a bit more than their regular events but so worth it.

OP
OP
trackHERO

trackHERO

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Brock
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shelby GT350R
I have, all of them in fact.

One of the organizations here has started doing a few open track days on Fridays that are limited to around 20 cars. Open track for 4-5 hours. Costs a bit more than their regular events but so worth it.
Thats pretty awesome, sounds like a lot of track time

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Odyssey, Toyota Tacoma, 89 GT project, 2020 Magnetic EB HPP w/ 6M
Same as on the freeway. If you see someone being stupid, get away from them.

cop on my back

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
Yup, all 3. Closest I had to a crash was a guy breaking a simple rule, one point, one car. In the run groups I attend they have a rule one car per point. If a driver points 2 times, he is letting 2 cars pass him. In my situation it was a short passing area before a fast corner and I pointed one time for the guy behind me. Well the second car tried to sneak in as I started to make my apex turn in and almost side swiped him. I just caught him in my peripheral vision and had to turn wide and go off line.

I let him know in the pits later what happened politely, though I was fuming and pumped with adrenalin, and he admitted he screwed up.

Be safe out there!

Good video, very valid points.

Sponsored

OP
OP
trackHERO

trackHERO

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Brock
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shelby GT350R
Yup, all 3. Closest I had to a crash was a guy breaking a simple rule, one point, one car. In the run groups I attend they have a rule one car per point. If a driver points 2 times, he is letting 2 cars pass him. In my situation it was a short passing area before a fast corner and I pointed one time for the guy behind me. Well the second car tried to sneak in as I started to make my apex turn in and almost side swiped him. I just caught him in my peripheral vision and had to turn wide and go off line.

I let him know in the pits later what happened politely, though I was fuming and pumped with adrenalin, and he admitted he screwed up.

Be safe out there!

Good video, very valid points.
Thanks!

I have had that happen to me a couple times and it definitely can make you crap your pants lol. I had a Viper GTS-R shove it on the inside of a 100mph corner as I was turning in to the wall for the Apex and I didnt give him a point by. Only reason i knew he was there because i could hear him, and I was in my S2000 at the time so there was a huge speed gap.

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
... one point, one car. In the run groups I attend they have a rule one car per point. If a driver points 2 times, he is letting 2 cars pass him.
I'm surprised that wasn't mentioned.

My first track day ever, I had three cars pass me the first time I ever pointed anybody by. It was toward the end of the out lap and I didn't even have time to get the second 'point' done before cars 2 and 3 had already moved off line and accelerated. That the event ended up being essentially open run groups shouldn't have mattered.

And then there was the driver who passed me and at least one other car without a point-by. Different day, but in the pouring rain.

So regardless of what the rules might be, you still have to be ready for somebody to ignore them.

Norm

OP
OP
trackHERO

trackHERO

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Brock
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shelby GT350R
I'm surprised that wasn't mentioned.

My first track day ever, I had three cars pass me the first time I ever pointed anybody by. It was toward the end of the out lap and I didn't even have time to get the second 'point' done before cars 2 and 3 had already moved off line and accelerated. That the event ended up being essentially open run groups shouldn't have mattered.

And then there was the driver who passed me and at least one other car without a point-by. Different day, but in the pouring rain.

So regardless of what the rules might be, you still have to be ready for somebody to ignore them.

Norm
I agree. SOmetimes you can watch in the drivers meeting and there are people not paying attention or think they have too much experience to pay attention to club rules
Sponsored