Sponsored

Do I have another track day on these pads?

Ryan1112

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
So I have just under 5000 miles on these OEM pads including 4 track days. The first couple track outings I wasn't really aggressive but I'm getting quicker. I've never felt any fade so I haven't been pushing it to the limit. Do you think I have another track day of moderate abuse left in these pads at Sebring? Probably 5 sessions of 25 minutes. I never checked how thick they were before I started tracking them. Thanks.
Pads.jpg
Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Those look like more than half thickness so you should be fine.

c_reber

REB3R
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
`16 Mustang GT (PP), `15 X5 50i
Brembos? You're fine. Mine lasted 15 trackdays!!! (I changed fluid, but otherwise stock pads/rotors)

OP
OP

Ryan1112

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Yes, these are Brembos. Thanks for the replies!

gtorpedo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium PP
Vehicle Showcase
Yes, these are Brembos. Thanks for the replies!
Looks like you should be OK but you'll need a new set of pads in the near term anyways - why not just grab a set now to bring as a spare? Given the relatively low cost of a replacement set and HEAVY wear at a track like Sebring I would certainly have a backup set available.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Ryan1112

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Looks like you should be OK but you'll need a new set of pads in the near term anyways - why not just grab a set now to bring as a spare? Given the relatively low cost of a replacement set and HEAVY wear at a track like Sebring I would certainly have a backup set available.
That's a good idea. Does anyone have a link to stock replacements? I'm having some trouble finding them. I really liked the stock pads initial bite.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
That's a good idea. Does anyone have a link to stock replacements? I'm having some trouble finding them. I really liked the stock pads initial bite.
Ferodo DS2500. gt350brakes.com

You may also consider GLOCs in the future for their rotor friendliness and ability to run their GS1 street pads without cleaning up rotors. GS1 also dusts less than the stock pads.

OP
OP

Ryan1112

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Do you know if those Ferodo pads have the same initial bite as the stock Motorcraft pads? I love the stock pads for that reason.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Do you know if those Ferodo pads have the same initial bite as the stock Motorcraft pads? I love the stock pads for that reason.
Those are the stock pads.

OP
OP

Ryan1112

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
So does Ford just rebrand them to Motorcraft?

Sponsored
OP
OP

Ryan1112

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Oh, and I only see the fronts on gt350brakes.com. What do you use for the rears?

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Oh, and I only see the fronts on gt350brakes.com. What do you use for the rears?
Those are supposedly PFC pads. You could use various, though, as the rear brakes are not worked that hard.

Track brakes for me will be R10 and R8 GLOC. Maybe R12 fronts when I grow past the R10s.

gtorpedo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium PP
Vehicle Showcase
go through opmustang.com for the OEM or GLOC pads. They don't list it but can also get you Ferodo race pads as well.

GT350brakes.com is also a great source for Ferodo race pads.

Optimum Performance

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT PP
OEM Pads <<<<Link> I ran a set of the Ferodo at Daytona once and they did not have the same bite as the Factory pads. Not sure what the issue was but they came off immediately and have run G-LOC since. I ran an entire track season on the OEM pads as well in 2015.

tedj101

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shelby 350GT Steeda springs, sways, camber plates, toe links etc: 14 BMW 328d
OEM Pads <<<<Link> I ran a set of the Ferodo at Daytona once and they did not have the same bite as the Factory pads. Not sure what the issue was but they came off immediately and have run G-LOC since. I ran an entire track season on the OEM pads as well in 2015.
Tim,

The Ferodo pads you ran were the DS 1-11. They are an endurance pad and don't have the initial bite of the stock pads (DS2500) or the G--Locs. However, those pads were made to last a Long time and give up some bite for longevity. The hot pad from Ferodo for track use is the DS-UNO. It has unbelievable initial bite and, since I drive to the track, I find it fine on the street - though if you let someone else drive the car, you need to warn him/her about the initial bite. There is a real possibility that you could get rear ended if you hit the brakes hard on the road with DS-UNO pads.

Best,
<TED>
Sponsored