ICU812

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Tempo, Ford Mustang,FFR,Crown vic.
Lived in apartment houses till we made the decision to move to NJ in 95' Rented a townhouse and really liked not having an elevator. Decided I wanted privacy and the ability to walk around my own property. So we made the transition to a private home in 96'. I'm not looking to change anytime in the near future but some of those beachfront condo's in North Myrtle Beach are awfully tempting. :giggle:
N.J. ECK the property tax is most likely more than the mortgage payments.lol

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado & Nissan Sentra SE
Hello; Knew some folks in Atlanta who had to sell and move because the property tax got too high. Of course they got a good amount out of the sale. But had to leave a home of decades.

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
It isn't for everyone. I've had to pass on better job offers, at times because I could not just up and move
Hello; I rented and moved most around of my life. Thought I wanted to have a place of my own. It is a two edged thing I have discovered. Now if something goes wrong I have to take care of it myself and I do feel stuck. The joy of home ownership is not as much as I had hoped.

Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
You are so right. One of the main reasons for moving to SC. My property taxes are 1/8 what they were in NJ for a house 1350 sq. ft. larger.

ICU812

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hello; I rented and moved most around of my life. Thought I wanted to have a place of my own. It is a two edged thing I have discovered. Now if something goes wrong I have to take care of it myself and I do feel stuck. The joy of home ownership is not as much as I had hoped.
I look at it this way, It has it's ups and downs. but when I retire. not having a monthly rent bill. will be worth it.
But ya, there is always something to work on, fix when you own a home, that doesn't even include when the wife watches the diy channels and thinks we need to update things just because, lol.

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
I look at it this way, It has it's ups and downs. but when I retire. not having a monthly rent bill. will be worth it.
But ya, there is always something to work on, fix when you own a home, that doesn't even include when the wife watches the diy channels and thinks we need to update things just because, lol.
Hello; Yes I should be outside right now taking advantage of the cool morning to work on the property. A never ending job.
I was able to save enough to pay outright for my house. I am 11 years into fixing it up with no end in sight. But yes, no monthly payments except utilities and the insurance, property tax.

danpass

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
Focus ST Triple Yellow
Focus ST prices, especially for yellow ones, keep rising ....

Mine has 19,6xx miles so I look at 'Under 30k miles' listings on AutoTrader.

ICU812

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hello; Yes I should be outside right now taking advantage of the cool morning to work on the property. A never ending job.
I was able to save enough to pay outright for my house. I am 11 years into fixing it up with no end in sight. But yes, no monthly payments except utilities and the insurance, property tax.
I'm waiting on paint to flash, so I can spray another coat.

Sponsored

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT/A 301A 5.0
Jersey and Illinois are the worst on property tax. My little 1100 Sq ft. house in IL is $6,300 a year in tax. 1/10th of an acre......

beetle6986

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT, 04 Cobra, 2008 BMW 335
Yeah man, I definitely didn't shop by payment that's for sure. I just wanted to keep my loan amount similar to my 15 which I was able to do. It was selling for almost 38K and I got it for about 35.5k.

1627416176966.png
This just shows how much higher prices are right now. I bought my premium 2016 shadow black California special last May with 2,500 miles on it for 33k. That was with the Roush Phase 2 blower, Borla exhaust and new wheels/tires. I've already had offers to buy it for a lot more than I paid.

Smunczen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang gt pp2
right, cause you're an old guy. 100K for a house? Did you buy in 1960? Houses are well north of 300 is many markets. 100k barely buys you a 2 bedroom condo. PLENTY of 300A/301A GT down here in Virginia. My PP1 is a 300A. Quite a few 100A and 101A EB too. In fact it was somewhat rare to find a 20x trim level.

For whatever reason Mustangs are a >30yr old purchase now with I would guess a distinct bump in the >40 bracket.
My PP2 is a 301A has everything I need.

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT/A 301A 5.0