Sponsored

Do I stay or do I go?

tarpon75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
I have avalanche grey 2016 gt 350 with track pack, and under 5k miles.

I could get out of it now with a little profit, or stick with it and procharge/turbo and keep it.

I would like to move up to something mid-engined. But I'm afraid I am addicted to power and anything I get to replace in the 60-70k range is just going to leave me wanting more. But I also have a slight fear of the 350's engine, now I'm out of warranty it could get real expensive/explosive. This is a weekend car and I'm not abusive and had no oil issues.

Thoughts

IMG_20211103_123712.jpg
Sponsored

UpACurb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R 2019 Roush F150 20 Explorer
According to the forums- the fuel pump in my F250 should be going out any time now resulting in 15K-20K worth of damage and my GT350 motor should be blowing up resulting in 20K worth of damage ....under warranty now but I plan on keeping both after warranty

I must be crazy - or I believe there is a 98% chance that neither will blow up and Ill be just fine : )

LethalBlake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.lethalperformance.com
First Name
Blake
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford F150
OP
OP

tarpon75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
I would recommend boosting the GT350, especially with the way the market is right now you will most likely have a very hard time finding what you want for your price range. We had one hell of a car with our Whippled GT350 with minor supporting mods before we sold it to move onto our 18. Here is a quick article on our build:

https://themustangsource.com/supercharged-lethal-performance-shelby-gt350-dyno-20781/

This would be a hold on the cash, in hopes that the market stabilizes a bit.

Sponsored

FKE SNK

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cam
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350, 93 Cobra clone
When you say "move-up to something mid-engined"......is that reference anything but a C8 in a normal market?

OP
OP

tarpon75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
When you say "move-up to something mid-engined"......is that reference anything but a C8 in a normal market?

I'd like to go cayman or 911, so I can stay manual.....but the more I think about it, boost is a cheaper and probably more fun option.

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
Why not simply buy an extended warranty ? Also, the C8 is still having transmission issues. The specialized filter it takes is scarce. You should go to the big Corvette board and read some of the horror stories.

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
Logic and rational thinking has no place in this forum or any where on the internet.

According to the forums- the fuel pump in my F250 should be going out any time now resulting in 15K-20K worth of damage and my GT350 motor should be blowing up resulting in 20K worth of damage ....under warranty now but I plan on keeping both after warranty

I must be crazy - or I believe there is a 98% chance that neither will blow up and Ill be just fine : )

Bulldog9

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullitt, 2017 Tundra TRDPRO, 1976 Porsche 912
I'd like to go cayman or 911, so I can stay manual.....but the more I think about it, boost is a cheaper and probably more fun option.
The 911 and Cayman cars are completely different animals. The 911 is rear engine the Cayman is mid-engine with much less interior passenger space and 'character'

Drive them back to back and you'll understand. As a long time owner of a mid-year air-cooled car, I thought I could be content driving a Cayman. It was a Porsche after all ... And the GTS has a lot of the 911 bits.. is competent on the track..... Then for the heck of it even though it was 20K more and out of my chosen price range I drove a used 911...... I wasn't a thousand feet into to the ride before I realized that there was no comparison in that if I was going to buy a modern Porsche, it would be a 911 or nothing.

In the end I took the bargain option which was a 2020 Mustang Bullitt. I'm very happy with this decision.
Sponsored