Sponsored

Do I need to update SYNC 3

clive1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT convertible
My GT convertible has just had it’s first annual service and I do not think they have updated SYNC3 and Maps. Mine are SYNC 3 = 2.2 and Maps = ANZ 1 15.

What are the latest version of each and should I get the dealer to install both, if they are out dated, or can I do it myself. Also what differences does the latest SYNC3 have over the 2.2 version I have.

Thanks
Sponsored

Burgo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keith
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT 5.0L, 2014 FPV F6
My GT convertible has just had it’s first annual service and I do not think they have updated SYNC3 and Maps. Mine are SYNC 3 = 2.2 and Maps = ANZ 1 15.

What are the latest version of each and should I get the dealer to install both, if they are out dated, or can I do it myself. Also what differences does the latest SYNC3 have over the 2.2 version I have.

Thanks
I think that's the latest, it's the same as mine (July build 2017). I tried updating mine but it just went around and around thinking about it for ages so I gave up.

FreedomPenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost Premium, 2013 Scion tC.
there's a 3.0 but it cant be updated via wifi, I googled it and found it out. my ford.com or whatever shows the newest version being 3.0 I have 2.2 installed myself, will be installing it this week. But yeah, I'd update it. no reason not too ya know?

It cannot be updated via wifi.

Burgo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keith
Vehicle(s)
there's a 3.0 but it cant be updated via wifi, I googled it and found it out. my ford.com or whatever shows the newest version being 3.0 I have 2.2 installed myself, will be installing it this week. But yeah, I'd update it. no reason not too ya know?

It cannot be updated via wifi.
Well then what's the point of the wifi....sigh!

FreedomPenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost Premium, 2013 Scion tC.
Not sure, but the new update literally says it has to be done via flash drive. 32gb. fat32 format, then you download it, and install in car. maybe it has to be flash due to size maybe to large for the cpu in the headhunit to hold

Sponsored

TeamDenno

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 GT V8 Manual
Vehicle Showcase
Here is the latest Sync3 and maps version:

IMG_20190108_121350.jpg

Burgo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keith
Vehicle(s)
Here is the latest Sync3 and maps version:

IMG_20190108_121350.jpg
How long did it actually take to complete the upgrade?

The website said it will take around 30 minutes with the engine running, if that's the case I don't know if I can be arsed doing it.

Sponsored

Hellman109

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost Convertible (See my garage)
Vehicle Showcase
I update via USB, i plug it in, make sure it starts (it says something) and then go for a drive, normally I do it on the way to or from work so it has a decent run (30-45 mins)

PKs

PK's
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Fastback
I update via USB, i plug it in, make sure it starts (it says something) and then go for a drive, normally I do it on the way to or from work so it has a decent run (30-45 mins)
Hellman, so you are hotspotting from your phone? What size is the download typically and does it have to start again if reception is momentarily interrupted. Do you get a message once done. Thanks.

Hellman109

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost Convertible (See my garage)
Vehicle Showcase
I download it on my PC, copy the update to a USB stick and update that way, so no internet needed for the head unit.

It says lots of stuff as it goes, but yes you get a final "update complete" message

PKs

PK's
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Fastback
I download it on my PC, copy the update to a USB stick and update that way, so no internet needed for the head unit.

It says lots of stuff as it goes, but yes you get a final "update complete" message
Great thanks Hellman. I think I understand what you are doing. It is just the upload to your car that you do on your way to work. I might try it. Either car USB ok to do the transfer ?

Burgo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keith
Vehicle(s)
Great thanks Hellman. I think I understand what you are doing. It is just the upload to your car that you do on your way to work. I might try it. Either car USB ok to do the transfer ?
Their instructions show them using the USB port inside the console. I would use that one as it is the one that connects your phone to Apple Car Play/Android Play on the Sync screen, the USB under the radio itself just charges devices so I don't think it would talk to the Sync system.
Sponsored

Reactions: PKs