Sponsored

Do all axle back exhausts require cutting the stock system?

tomnelsonii

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver GTPP
Hi Guys,

I'm looking into getting an exhaust and was hoping to get some information. Is the stock exhaust all one piece after the cats? Is that why the axle back exhausts I've looked at require cutting the stock system? I am looking for a completely bolt on solution. Thanks in advance guys!

--Tom
Sponsored

Coconut

Poptart
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Magnetic manual
Yes, the stock exhaust is all one piece, from the mufflers to the resonator. You'll need to cut off the mufflers for any type of aftermarket axle back. A complete bolt on solution would be a cat back exhaust.

LethalPerformance

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500 CFTP, 2021 Whipple'd F150
Hi Guys,

I'm looking into getting an exhaust and was hoping to get some information. Is the stock exhaust all one piece after the cats? Is that why the axle back exhausts I've looked at require cutting the stock system? I am looking for a completely bolt on solution. Thanks in advance guys!

--Tom
Tom,

All axlebacks require you to cut as the factory catback is a complete one piece system with no connections.

It's very easy to make the cut and all of the axlebacks we offer have detailed instructions on where to make the cut.

If you're still not interested in cutting then the only other bolt-on option would be a catback. We carry all of the major brands and have special loyalty pricing on them so if there's something we can help you with please let us know.

Thanks, Jared

OP
OP

tomnelsonii

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver GTPP
How would you go about putting things back to stock once the exhaust is cut? Is your only option to have a muffler shop weld them back on?

LethalPerformance

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
How would you go about putting things back to stock once the exhaust is cut? Is your only option to have a muffler shop weld them back on?
Welding them or using an OEM style band clamp I guess would be your only options.

Sponsored

OP
OP

tomnelsonii

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver GTPP
Thanks for the help and information! I'll be going with a cat back system instead of the axle back. Cheers! :cheers:

LethalPerformance

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for the help and information! I'll be going with a cat back system instead of the axle back. Cheers! :cheers:
My pleasure. We've got some sweet deals on Magnaflow, Corsa, Borla and any of the other brands we offer. Just give us a shout if you have any questions.

Thanks, Jared

venumous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16' Procharged GT
I went catback and still cut mine just because it is impossible to store as one giant piece.. good job Ford.

S550ilver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I went catback and still cut mine just because it is impossible to store as one giant piece.. good job Ford.
Catback here too. Stood the stock setup on the tips and now its a handy extension cord holder (factory hangers) and I now also have a place to hang my Master Blaster dryer hose too.

ryant601

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT - Black Accent Package
IF i ever have to replace, they seem to be dime a dozen. and free.

Sponsored
OP
OP

tomnelsonii

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver GTPP
IF i ever have to replace, they seem to be dime a dozen. and free.
Yes, until the time that you actually need or want one. Then, or course, 2 years down the road you can't get your hands on one because they are no longer easily available.

cbass

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
God
Vehicle(s)
2015 400a A6
Un-cut them.

Set your sawzall to reverse and start on the side of the pipe you cut last.
Sponsored