Sponsored

DIY reverting back to stock CAI

RiceNChicken

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Good day,

I currently have a steeda CAI on my 3rd gen and need to revert to stock CAI according to Ford in order to get them to fix this damned stalling issue(again!), TSB P0390/94. Instead of having my mechanic switch out my intake a bazillion times i'm gonna see if I can tackle this. Are there any dummy tutorials or an install guide for someone who only does oil changes? Really need ford to get this fixed as it almost caused an accident during a stall.

Cheers.
Sponsored

Whitest Russian

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium
Good day,

I currently have a steeda CAI on my 3rd gen and need to revert to stock CAI according to Ford in order to get them to fix this damned stalling issue(again!), TSB P0390/94. Instead of having my mechanic switch out my intake a bazillion times i'm gonna see if I can tackle this. Are there any dummy tutorials or an install guide for someone who only does oil changes? Really need ford to get this fixed as it almost caused an accident during a stall.

Cheers.
I'd recommend going to their website and getting the instructions and then following that in reverse. It should be fairly easy since I don't think I've seen any S550 intakes that require you to take the front bumper off or anything.

Here's a video for one of Steeda's intakes. Even if it's not your exact model the steps should be 90% the same: