Sponsored

Digital Cluster (Questions & Issues)

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glyn
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT
I love the Digital Cluster in my 2020 Mustang GT (401A). It's great! I've only noticed 1 issue with it though.

Issues:
1.) Delay/Freezing when making Cruise Control Speed changes. Such as holding the +/- button down to make 5mph changes. Sometimes the set speed will go blank or freeze so you don't really know what speed you've queued up. After about 5-10 seconds the set speed will re-appear. Same thing happens sometimes when you initially set a speed to maintain. The field will remain blank/frozen on the display even though the cruise control has actually engaged.

Questions:
1.) Why in the world didn't Ford program in a Fuel History page like on the regular cluster? It has the average MPG bar, which is fine. More economy information would be nice. I know, it's a GT and it's not economy centric but I still like to know this info.

2.) Why in the world didn't Ford program in a Music page in the digital cluster? In Normal mode the song shows at the top but it's a narrow field and get's truncated. In track or sport modes the song only temporarily displays when being changed. Nothing shows when using SiriusXM..... Come on.....

3.) Has anyone made any neat changes via Forscan to add/remove/modify things in the digital cluster?

4.) Is there an easy way to upgrade/change the firmware of the digital cluster to new model years on older cars, or is it a PITA?
Sponsored

W.O.T. Stang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1 401A
The issue with the cruise control is the same for every digital cluster i've seen. It's something i've learned to live with and really doesn't bother me.

The one thing that does slightly bother me is the gauge info page. (vacuum, inlet temp, etc.) Any value that changes quickly - such as vacuum, seems to have a delay at times. I never really noticed it, but i am guessing this is the same issue that causes the slow cruise control updates.

As far as your other questions, I really don't know how forscan works yet, but im pretty sure most of what is on the cluster is hard-coded into it. Maybe someone could answer more.

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
There's ZERO FORScan info on the digital cluster, unfortunately. If you find anything, please post it here. I tried (unsuccessfully) to add digital numbers to the coolant temp gauge, like I did with my F-150 Platinum, and nothing worked, so put things back to original as-built. Tried other mods I don't remember, but they didn't work either. So I gave up.

OP
OP
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glyn
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT
The only thing I’ve found is “Fuel Consumed per Hour”. It adds that field to the Average Fuel Consumption page on the digital cluster. The regular bar gauge becomes a digital number only and places the Fuel consumed per hour next to it.
Sponsored