Sponsored

Died on the HWY

frwl99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP, 1998 Cobra Conv., 1973 Mach1
SO I was driving to Northern, VA last week for work, and I noticed a loss of power and all the gauges went to 0. And I pulled of and after 4-5 tries got her to run again, she died less than a 1/4 mile down the road again. Got here restarted and then made to the destination.

Next day driving bac from the jobsite, dies again, wouldn't restart. Had Police block so I could push her thru the intersection to somewhere safe. After 10 minutes fries right u, makes it a mile and dies again, fires up and I get back to the hotel. Called the local Ford Dealer to see if I could get it in or if there was anything to do on my own, they couldn't Called my normal dealer, who thought bad gas which did cross my mind or maybe something screwing with t he mass a sensor. Got here back home, died 2 on the way, went to work on Monday died 2x more and now won't even start up. Got into the dealer (still under warranty) now waiting to see what they find. Any Idea's? I've read on the forum about reflashing the computer, but also that sometimes it didn't work...
Sponsored

StangATX

Project Corrupted Cyclone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 S550 White Corrupted Cyclone
It happened to me not long ago. They had to reflash my PCM,BCM,TCM, and another module I don't remember which one. Apparently it happened before to some customer. They said it was cause by interference and the module couldn't communicate properly between each others. So far since they reflashed my car it's all good now. No worries man!

hiccup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT black base PP RECAROS
Oh great.. sounds like a specialized diagnostic repair.. will probably haunt us as our warranties expire and cost lots of $$

StangATX

Project Corrupted Cyclone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 S550 White Corrupted Cyclone
Oh great.. sounds like a specialized diagnostic repair.. will probably haunt us as our warranties expire and cost lots of $$
I'm at 56K and it happened to me at 53-54K...

gofastguy

NEO Mustang Club
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2007 Shelby GT#3040
Mine just died out on the interstate a couple weeks ago. Started back up and hasn't done it since. Nothing lit up on the dash and all the gauges were normal. I've driven 500 miles or so since with no more problems.

hiccup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT black base PP RECAROS
Maybe some electronic interferences out there which could switch our ignition off..??
Sponsored