Sponsored

Did the looks grow on you or was it love at first sight?

Stormtrooper5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GTPP
So ever since i first saw an s550 i automatically loved it. At first i actually thought is was an Aston Martin lol. Anyways I had to get one. But for most people they did not. Compared to other mustangs i can see their arguement...but.... As i was bs'ing around on the net i noticed that A LOT of people were saying that the looks are "growing on them". Which is actually funny because when i first saw the s197s, i did not like them, but eventually ended up wanting one.

Just wondering, with the introduction of the 2015 stang, how did you first feel about the looks?
Sponsored

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
Love at first sight. I went to the 50th celebration in Charlotte and saw the Wimbledon white LE. I drooled foe 30 minutes straight.

Tim Hilliard

Happy Owner
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Guard 300A PP Recaro
Didn't do a thing for me until I started noticing all the cues. The issue was not seeing a real car until a month before mine came in. Pictures do not do it justice. In person, no question. People still come up to it and ask is this a '15, then usually say Gorgeous.

MichaelKael

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maggie, beautiful ´15 Cyclone Mustang 51A Magnetic
Love at first sight for me too ! :)
Did see the Aston Martin in it as well, most likely because of the side windows line :)
I think this post should actually be a poll ! ;)

RemoteSenses

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6 RR
Love at first sight.

I was honestly looking for a new truck at a GMC dealership originally. After shopping around (and realizing I couldn't really afford a new truck lol) I ended up at a Ford dealership. Saw the Mustang sitting there, asked to check it out. I sat in it, went for a test drive, and that's all she wrote.

Literally zero second-thoughts.

Sponsored

Crais

I call it Vera
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2015 S550 DIB GT Premium PP
Definitely love at first sight. I originally intended to get a '14 when I started saving.

Zeenobit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black Mustang 3.7L V6
Love at first sight.

I was shopping around for a Camaro, until I saw the '15 Mustang just randomly (I didn't even know it was coming out).

5 minutes later I was shopping around for a '15 Mustang. :D What really sold it to me was the interior compared to Camaro.

Alloye

Stangoholic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Liked it in pics. Loved it in person.

Reactions: JJS

socalsnake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 5.0 GT PP
I was already set on an M4, but I kept seeing the Ford promos in 2014 and it looked gorgeous.

So 2015 comes along and I was puttering along in traffic in the M coming home from work one day and a race red 5.0 accelerated on the on ramp and then slowed down to pace traffic next to me.

A month later, an S550 became my DD!

Maybe not love at first sight...but more like that gorgeous woman you keep seeing on your way to work for a year and then one day she asks you back to her place...yeah (of course my wife would not understand or approve of this analogy).

TheHydro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Performance Pack
Love at first site. As soon as they released photos I knew I was getting one.

Sponsored

madweazl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
I still hate the front end and hood but the profile and rear end are a work of art.

Anthony@HTM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Track Pack
I thought the car was hideous when I first looked at it.

The only reason I bought the car was when I saw the Full Race car at Sema. TE37s can make almost any car look great.

Overall the car has grown on me.

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro 2SS (EU)
I didnt like the look on the first pics. It seemed not muscular enough at first. But then I saw some photos in DIB and though it really has some classy lines of an Aston Martin and started to love it.

It really grew on me and after a while I really wanted to get one, especially as I realized how much Ford improved the car compared 5th gen (interior quality, independent rear suspension, the rear looks totally awesome and not so cheap anymore, etc).

After I saw the Mustangs for the first time this weekend I can honestly say that this is the most beatiful car I've ever seen in person. 2D pictures really can't show how awesome and fluid the lines are. Especially the front looks so sharp and agressive in real life, on pics it often seems like the headlights are too small.

Socalmustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT Premium w/PP Race Red
For the last 2 years, I was set on getting a new SRT Challenger. I had no doubt, I was gonna go route.

But then, I saw pictures of the mustang and I was intrigued. I've never been a fan of mustangs, except some of the old-school ones.

Anyways, I went one day to first test drive a challenger..It was okay, I was expecting way more. Salesmen tried to sell it on me there, but I told them I was also looking at the Mustang, so I wasn't buying anything until I see it and test-drive it. He took all my info down, as I told him I was buying within a week.

Went to the ford dealership, saw the Race Red GT PP and knew it was it. It was literally love at first-sight. Took her home a week later.

P.S. Dodge salesmen never even called me about the Challenger after my first visit...I think he knew...The Mustang was gonna win my heart.

RoushCharged

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium Convertible, Ruby & Loaded
Hadn't really considered it, was looking for a Hellcat :) ... but since those were sold out I wound up checking out the Mustang and loved it, and also thought it had Astonesque lines. First Mustang I've liked since the '03 Cobra, and then before that ... the 69's.
Sponsored